Thread: Hull number?

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Default Hull number?

OK I registered.

One strange question on Jibeset referred to the requested number painted on hull. I don't have one -- but Jibset would not allow me to leave this blank.

There is no mention of this in the various race documents. Are they just asking to state the number painted if you have one?

Thanks.

David, at first I thought you where talking HIN number. I just picked 39 not sure if this is left over from previous traditions...
    Last edited by Lightspeed; 02-18-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Default Hull number

If I ever get there, the number is 69. Picture attached
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I used my hull number in that space. Last race (2014) it wasn't a requirement to have them on the hull. I like to use hull numbers. (Sticky back ones that come off easily). It lets the yachts in Hanalei bay know that you race over and are not just another cruiser. Also it is good for your ego to know that you are one of the few to have finished the race. My number is 58 on Fast Lane.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

For the Pac Cup, you have to have a banner that attaches to your lifelines with you sail number in 12" letters. I have one. So I guess I can put that up for easy boat ID at anchor, rather than a hull number.