Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corinthian Race Buzzzzzz

Where have all the Non Spins gone? Last year we had 9 singlehanded and 16 doublehanded Non Spins for a total of 25. This year 1 single and 3 double. There must be a Non Spin party out there somewhere with 21 boats

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    Where have all the Non Spins gone? Last year we had 9 singlehanded and 16 doublehanded Non Spins for a total of 25. This year 1 single and 3 double. There must be a Non Spin party out there somewhere with 21 boats
    Dura Mater's skipper is wearing big girl pants this year. Gonna get it right eventually.

AAAAGGGGGHHHHH! My mast is still down in the yard and it's coming down to the wire, isn't it?!? I'll go ahead and register as non-spin (I have a spinny; no big girl pants yet), but my currently nekkid boat and I might not be on the starting line. Please send good thoughts to Neptune....

I just signed up non-spin double handed.

Chris King
    Puffin - Alden 44

Great! That makes 4 DH and 3 SH non-spin boats. Tho I hear we might regret not flying a spinnaker...

Name:  southhampton shoal mark.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  22.8 KB
    Beware Southhampton Shoal XMark. #0 will round wide.

Quote Originally Posted by skatzman View Post
    Name:  southhampton shoal mark.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  22.8 KB
    Beware Southhampton Shoal XMark. #0 will round wide.
    Whoa! That makes it look really scary! Actually, that makes the whole bay look scary! Like a nautical horror film. Did you take that photo, Steve?

Picture by sky hook. But really, picture from a FB post by Richmond Yacht Club.
    Last edited by skatzman; 03-16-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks for bringing Southhampton up. RC is planning on talking about this at the skippers meeting tomorrow night. I have an email into the USCG person in charge of the Notice to Mariners for this issue for any updates. If any of you local races who have rounded Southhampton recentaly and can give any more feedback to the SSS fleet, the RC would be happy to hear your wisdom....Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    Thanks for bringing Southhampton up. RC is planning on talking about this at the skippers meeting tomorrow night. I have an email into the USCG person in charge of the Notice to Mariners for this issue for any updates. If any of you local races who have rounded Southhampton recentaly and can give any more feedback to the SSS fleet, the RC would be happy to hear your wisdom....Rick
    Well, it's still there anyway, unlike "E", which is laying sideways on the Berkeley Yacht Club dock, poor thing.