The Wildcat was out with the Luminous Joan taking her first turn at the tiller while Yours Truly wrestled with an unfamiliar reefing system in a solid 20 knots near the Coyote Point entrance. Once again during the stressful moments, Joan swore she'd never set foot on a sailboat again. After getting the mainsail shrunk down, spotting Green Buffalo and TB heading down-bay, seeing a seal, and having chocolate, all was well. Notes were taken on how to improve the reefing system.

This was literally the first time Joan has seen the boat. I've had it for exactly a year and she had not seen it yet. Aside from the stinky cushions which desperately need replacing, the boat gets a thumbs up from Joan. I also realized that the dacron mainsail has a third reef point, way, waaaaay up there. I never noticed that before.

Next time I take it out I'm gonna get the spinnaker out of the bag and fly it and see what condition it's in. If I remember rightly, it's in one piece but the fabric is really really soft.