Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round the Rocks 2016

Default Round the Rocks 2016

Dura Mater's engine is good to go again, so DM will be starting in what appears to be a creampuff division against Green Dragon, Summertime Dream, Tchoupitoulas and Rock On! Uh huh.

Look out, Mama, there's a white boat coming up the river.

'Dozer had so much fun last time driving around Blossom, and getting his face in the paper, that he wants another go. We'll be there on Saturday - duckin' and weavin' and trying not to hit anyone in the turning mark pinwheel of death. Hopefully I won't be too utterly knackered to launch a kite on the last leg and give up a bunch of places like last time either. Roll on when the little buggers are big enough to pull the strings so I can lay back and drive.

Kynntana still has no mast but she has a new bottom, a greased rudder, and awesome MaxProp bling, while I'm hard at play in Palawan about to get on a boat to Tubbataha Reef, where the Prince of Monaco spent some quality time last week extolling the virtues of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. So please don't feel too badly for me, but damn, I do miss racing with y'all!! Hope it's another fabulously windy and clear weekend on SF Bay

Driving up from Monterey to make the race on Saturday. Rock On can't miss a chance to go around the rocks. Hope the battery and autopilot work this time out!

Quote Originally Posted by 255grizzly View Post
    Driving up from Monterey to make the race on Saturday. Rock On can't miss a chance to go around the rocks. Hope the battery and autopilot work this time out!
    It is good to know that Rock On! will be at the ready. As will Dura Mater, thanks to our mutual friend and your dock neighbor, the engine whisperer Yamawaki. DM's engine is purring like a cat: never sounded so good. Not that I use it much, but I do need it to get to races early in the no-wind mornings. See you on the water, Tom!

What a battle with the light wind and current - I was fighting all day to stay in the race. Then it was great to see so many of you in the RYC tent afterwards. Just a super day out!

Every R/C on the Bay could take a lesson from ours yesterday. The radio work was especially clear and helpful. Thanks Kristen, Rick, Al, Sam, Tom and anyone I missed!

Harding Rock: "further away as you get closer"
    Crosby Stills Nash SEE THE CHANGES

Rare to see the RC work done so smartly. Thanks from DIANNE.

SDK

Preliminary results are posted...Race committee had a good time also...Wind shifted after we anchored Lightspeed but I think the crooked line help most get over the start as the current pulled everyone towards the pin....I assume the reverse fast to slow start work OK on the course..

Yep, that wind / current combination killed me at the start.

On the fourth attempt I aimed for the committee boat and made it past.

I don't think I have ever been so happy to start!

Great day racing and get together afterwords.

Thanks Race Committee!

At first blush looks it like the reverse start favored the slower Mono hull boats..SH overall in the 162 and over Div and DH in Non-Spin Div...Food for thought...Assuming lots of races start with lighter wind and build...It seem like lighter faster boats can get off the start line better and clear the start line better than slower heaver boats...Assuming the wind builds I don't see a disadvantage to slower heaver boats starting last...I would still like to hear how well the course was spread out with this start order....