Congrats Jacky!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Now&Zen View Post
    Congrats Jacky!!!!
    I will second that.

Quote Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
    I will second that.
    Originally Posted by Now&Zen View Post
    Congrats Jacky!!!!

Thank you, Gentlemen. Certainly it was a war of attrition :-)

That it was! But you were there, prepared and stuck it out! Well deserved.

Not only did Jacky stick it out..In true SSS sprit she pulled into GGYC and help the race deck finish out the night until 2am!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    Not only did Jacky stick it out..In true SSS sprit she pulled into GGYC and help the race deck finish out the night until 2am!
    Yep, that sounds like true Jackie-style grit, determination and never-ending altruism. Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Yep, that sounds like true Jackie-style grit, determination and never-ending altruism. Way to go!
    Oh, honestly! Saint Jackie here: I was just looking for food. And it was all gone!!!

Seriously, folks, the woman of the moment surely is Amy on Wingit! I'll bet she wasn't on anybody's radar to win this thing. Yet as I approached the stinky rocks (still far far east) hers was the first mast that I saw poke its head around the southern tip. Nearby, of course, was that familiar red spinnaker, but I digress.

Amy is the one who brings her two beautiful little girls to meetings. She is the harried mother who offers up toys to distract them while she tries to pay attention to details of upcoming races. Talk about grit! In order to race on Saturday I'll bet she had to make all the arrangements for their care in her absence: husband or partner notwithstanding, little girls depend upon their mothers to reassure them of their return. So, congratulations, Amy! I have seen you sail doublehanded over in the South bay during the Interclub series. Was this your first offshore singlehanded event or is this old stuff to you? You sure made it look easy!

First, let me add my congrats for Jackie's race. If I were a woman, I could say, "You Go Girl!" but I'm not, so I won't. And thanks for the post-race effort as well.

I remember Amy coming to SSS meetings with her Father when she was young. I wonder how many SSS "Families" there have been over the years?

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Well I will say it, you go girl! Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Well I will say it, you go girl! Great job.
    Thanks, David, the only other time I was out there was with you on Temerity last year. That took away a lot of the fear factor, I must say. And blowing downwind with you and that huge spinnaker? Compared with that, this was a walk in the dark park.