Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Standings Posted

Hey Rick or Ray, Does a one day DNF in the Drakes Bay and Vallejo 1-2 create an overall DNF for the series? Stink Eye has a DNF in the Drakes Bay because we dropped out on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Carliane, remember that season points are based on the overall standings in each race. Looking back, I see that you tied for 17th out of 36 singlehanded monohull starters in the Three Bridge. So (without digging out my slide rule) you would have received just under 0.5 points for that race. If all your other races were DNC (1.2 points), you're probably in about 51st place, just behind Oscar who scored .412 at HMB and DNC in everything else.
    Hope this helps ... Max

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Gutoff View Post
    Hey Rick or Ray, Does a one day DNF in the Drakes Bay and Vallejo 1-2 create an overall DNF for the series? Stink Eye has a DNF in the Drakes Bay because we dropped out on Sunday.
    It shouldn't. Each weekend was scored on the low point system, so you get a DNF score in one and your finishing place in the other.

Jonathan, I have an email into Ray who does our overall scores to clarify but I think the answer is wedged in our NOR/SSI 16 e.i. which refers to appependix A. A2 states in the second to last sentence "If a boat has two or more equal worst scores, the score(s) for the races(s) sailed earliest in the series shall be excluded". If that is Ray's criteria your first finish day was excluded...More when I hear back from Ray...

Got an email from Ray...DNF was a typo...He has reposted the update....