Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: +3 bay races in summer 2017 - what would it take?

It already has a shorthanded division. So far only one boat has signed up (Larry Mayne). Anyone else want to race down to Redwood City next Saturday?

I don't think any of us is suggesting that SSS add any races to its season schedule. I've been suggesting other existing races that have (or could have) a shorthanded division, to fill in the gap between SSS races. Next year this could morph into a shorthanded "super-series" of sorts, so those participating could see how they did for the super-season. This would not have to be a formal SSS activity, or it could be. The more shorthanded racing the better, whether in SSS or in other races.

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    You could have petitioned something like the WestPoint Regatta this weekend to have a shorthanded division, etc.
    Beccie and I are sailing doublehanded in the WestPoint Regatta. We love that race; we cut our teeth on that race 2 years ago now. I think singlehanding is fun and all, but it certainly doesn't limit my racing choices and people aren't streaming out of the woodwork to help the SSS Race Committee to put on more events. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Gamayun; 07-05-2016 at 06:35 PM.

Right now Kynntana is entered with Full Crew. Did you mean to enter as Shorthanded (SH or DH)?

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Right now Kynntana is entered with Full Crew. Did you mean to enter as Shorthanded (SH or DH)?
    Uh oh. Thanks for letting me know! I meant to enter as DH. Will change that now.

All fixed! This is our rematch with Larry (ISEULT), too. We watched him last year sailing deep then heading up while we sailed a straight DDW line. We were perplexed as to what he was doing so afterwards he told us about sailing to our polars ("keep it hot" we like to say now). The year before that, we figured out why we needed to better read the division flags after a pretty horrendous start.

Do you still remember your newbie years....?!
    Last edited by Gamayun; 07-05-2016 at 11:28 PM.