Thread: PHRF Rating

Default PHRF Rating

A interesting thing happen to me while trailering my boat (Fast Lane, a Capri 30) from Escondido to Alameda. This was for the Single Handed Transpac race this year. I was just motoring along when a car that was passing slowed down to take a look. Lots of cars were doing this, but this car was taking a lot longer than most to get around me. In fact they seemed to be taking many photos. They finely went by and I forgot about them.
    That day the wind was blowing mostly out of the NW. If I was sailing it would have been a hard beat to weather. About 2 weeks later I got a letter from the PHRF saying that my rating had been changed.
    Someone on the committee saw my boat going 55 MPH to windward. So my rating was changed from 114 to -480.
    Well the joke is on them because I can do 60 MPH on the down side of the hills.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by barry 1987 View Post
    A interesting thing happen to me while trailering my boat (Fast Lane, a Capri 30) from Escondido to Alameda. This was for the Single Handed Transpac race this year. I was just motoring along when a car that was passing slowed down to take a look. Lots of cars were doing this, but this car was taking a lot longer than most to get around me. In fact they seemed to be taking many photos. They finely went by and I forgot about them.
    That day the wind was blowing mostly out of the NW. If I was sailing it would have been a hard beat to weather. About 2 weeks later I got a letter from the PHRF saying that my rating had been changed.
    Someone on the committee saw my boat going 55 MPH to windward. So my rating was changed from 114 to -480.
    Well the joke is on them because I can do 60 MPH on the down side of the hills.
    hahaha. The photographer was probably somebody from UHaul. Busted! BTW when are you back in town?