Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not A Yacht Club

Default Not A Yacht Club

Jackie! I love the book - I was up half the night reading it, I am almost done. It is amazing. Thank you so much for this wonderful present. A MUST READ EVERYONE!

Read the book during the race and I loved it. Great read Jackie!

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Read it on the plane home. People kept looking at me because I was laughing out loud. Great book!

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Read it on the plane home. People kept looking at me because I was laughing out loud. Great book!
    Hahaha! I typed up the transcribed audiotapes late at night, through a transcriber/headphone set. Just like you, I would laugh out loud. Synthia? Peter Heiberg? They are FUNNY! My workroom is off my husband's and my bedroom. My husband would complain: "Stop laughing! You're waking me up!" George Lythcott told me that his book got soaked sailing from San Francisco to Hanalei. Of course it did! He sails Taz! It should be called WeTaz! George said he was drying it out slowly, page by page so he can read it. He was fishing for a dry copy, I think. I'd love to trade him a new one for the old, because then I would have a copy of the book that lived up to my high hopes: one that got wet while coming across an ocean and through the Pacific High. Do you think he can be persuaded?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Philpott; 07-26-2016 at 05:40 PM.

How neat that you did this, Jackie Inquiring minds wanna know....where can we get the book and does it come in electronic form?

Our silly little boats! Mine got soaking we too. My dad diligently dried the book out for me - he turned it a few pages every hour for days. I love my copy - wrinkled from the pacific seawater.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    How neat that you did this, Jackie Inquiring minds wanna know....where can we get the book and does it come in electronic form?
    Hey, Carliane, I gave one as a gift to each 2016 Buglighter, and one to each of the twelve people I interviewed. My three brothers each bought one on Amazon. One other mystery person has bought one, so that makes 4 sales. Electronic form? I don't even know what that means. Hail me on VHF channel 9 and I'll read it out loud to you in installments. Of course I have a copy for you. My brother sent me this photo of his boy, Ryan, who is learning how to read. Start 'em out reading about boats, that's what I say.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Philpott; 07-27-2016 at 12:16 PM.

I enjoyed my copy during the race. Couldn't put it down. Well done, Jackie!

Eh? What is this? I am unaware of this book until seeing this thread but I suspect that I need to own it.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Eh? What is this? I am unaware of this book until seeing this thread but I suspect that I need to own it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Not-Yacht-Clu...t+a+yacht+club

As Jackie alludes too, I am sure it can be "alternately" sourced...

DH