Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not A Yacht Club

I did not even know i had the book until i got to Nawiliwili yesterday. I tossed the little duffel in the forpeak and was too busy to roust it, or anything else, out at the halfway.

I came across the book as i dug my way through my wet smelly mess in the forward cabin to clean up the boat before a trip back to the 48.

And now, Philipot, you owe me big time. I started reading the damn thing and missed an appointment with the harbormaster, didn't do my laundry, let all the ice melt, and forgot to turn on the solar charger!!!

Fantastic book!!! Motivating too. I am now pondering a better prepared 2018.

I concur, this book was a great read and I highly recommend it! Thanks for putting this together Jackie, well done, bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by captleasure View Post
    I concur, this book was a great read and I highly recommend it! Thanks for putting this together Jackie, well done, bravo!
    He cooks! He reads! He photographs me on my boat! He sails his boat across the Pacific Ocean. I love this guy.

Finished Jackie's and Sigler's book last week. Jackie, thanks for documenting the history. Well done! George, you're a fabulous nut and quite keen in the brain. So far, I got Skip's and the General's autograph on the 2016 "Program." My next time in Florida, I am gonna try to get George's. Bruce Jenner in the bottom row is no more.

Jackie...my copy is still aboard my boat (home soon) and after seeing all of the comments, I cannot wait to check it out! So cool that you did this...congrats. A huge effort and accomplishment!!
    -Margie Woods
    "Cassiopeia", Hanse 371
    www.sailinghaunani.com
    mwbfoto@gmail.com

Great read! Wonderful effort Jackie - thank you

Jackie, loved the book. Learned a lot about SSS. But is it fair to interview someone who is clearly in a drug induced psychotic episode?

Quote Originally Posted by peter00 View Post
    Jackie, loved the book. Learned a lot about SSS. But is it fair to interview someone who is clearly in a drug induced psychotic episode?
    Kamen, Hogg, Allan, Petroka and Boschma? Clearly you are not the only one who lives in an altered state of being. As for the drugs, well, I did feel swell after drinking that tea you made me. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by WBChristie View Post
    Great read! Wonderful effort Jackie - thank you
    Thank you! It was my pleasure.

Jackie, I spent the summer fooling around in SE Alaska and when I returned I looked at the Kindle and Amazon sales figures for my book Lee Shore Blues. There was a significant uptick in sales and I don't know what to attribute it to except the several plugs you gave to my book in your book. Can't be sure but.... So anybody reading this should be aware that Jackie's book is available from Amazon AND IF YOU ENJOY IT TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO GIVE IT A POSITIVE REVIEW on Amazon. Since I am interviewed in your book and Lee Shore Blues is mentioned a couple of times I thought it might be disingenuous for me to review your book but I hope others here will take a minute. It's expensive to produce a book and a good review definitely helps recover costs.