Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not A Yacht Club

Quote Originally Posted by peter00 View Post
    Jackie, I spent the summer fooling around in SE Alaska and when I returned I looked at the Kindle and Amazon sales figures for my book Lee Shore Blues. There was a significant uptick in sales and I don't know what to attribute it to except the several plugs you gave to my book in your book. Can't be sure but.... So anybody reading this should be aware that Jackie's book is available from Amazon AND IF YOU ENJOY IT TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO GIVE IT A POSITIVE REVIEW on Amazon. Since I am interviewed in your book and Lee Shore Blues is mentioned a couple of times I thought it might be disingenuous for me to review your book but I hope others here will take a minute. It's expensive to produce a book and a good review definitely helps recover costs.
    Thank you, Peter. I hope no one gives me a review similar to the one mentioned on the back of your book: "Don't ever touch me there again!" and other equally hilarious ones.

Jackie, thank you so much for that amazing gift in our bag, it was a highlight of my return trip. I don't think I put it down for more than 10 minutes. My only gripe is that I finished it in less than a day..... looking forward to the double volume. I knew most of the names but not the stories and after reading it I'm I awe with the company I somehow stumbled into. I got the weirdo part down, still working on the sailing side of things!

Peter, yours was the first book I packed. Forget where I got turned onto it and it didn't disappoint. A classic no doubt. Hilarious. Thank you.

Thanks for your kind words Brett. I was very lucky that Lee Shore Blues became something of an instant cult classic when I published it. It was unfortunate that apparently that particular cult only had eight members.

OK, well now I got to buy Lee Shore Blues. I have never joined a cult but I say if you're gonna join a cult, join an exclusive one. That way you can complain to the management if things get wacky.

As one of the eight, I'll say Lee Shore Blues is a good read and over way too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
    As one of the eight, I'll say Lee Shore Blues is a good read and over way too quickly.
    As another of the eight, I savored it until ... damn! It was all over! Peter is very funny. I understand that he is writing another book. Certainly I'll buy that one, too.