Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Return Delivery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Default Return Delivery

As of today, you can still track two boats, TEMERITY and SEAZED ASSET on the SHTP tracker. Both presently heading north and making good time coming home from Kauai.

http://www.pinnacletracking.com/live/Map.aspx?shtp

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    As of today, you can still track two boats, TEMERITY and SEAZED ASSET on the SHTP tracker. Both presently heading north and making good time coming home from Kauai.

http://www.pinnacletracking.com/live/Map.aspx?shtp
    Shoot didn't know they could keep the trackers. Mouton Noir is also on its way back. Tracking it via Pacific Seafarers which is only once per day. All seem to be doing well.
    Susan Walker

return tracker rental was a paid option on the original jibeset registration. Both boats making good time as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    return tracker rental was a paid option on the original jibeset registration. Both boats making good time as of today.
    I suspect Mike paid but didn't pay attention. I clipped it off as soon as he got there. Oh well.
    Mouton Noir reports Seazed Asset is have auto pilot problems. Evidently the clutch won't engage. At least that's what it sounded like he said. Hand steering. Hope they get it fixed.

Susan
    Susan Walker

Temerity has overcome Seazed Asset's East and North lead, and is now about 40 nm north of Seazed. They are about 600 nm due north of Kauai, still heading up to go over the High. Here are a few recent communications...

=================

All seems ok. Slow going. Weather looking ugly if the high stays north.
    Winds below 25 so far.

=================

Race on, we are chasing Seazed.

Michael left same day we did. He has 300+ gallons of fuel and is using
    it all. He is about 60 miles ahead as of last night. We did a VHF to SSB
    through Eliz. Ann last night.

Is Brian returning one of the boats?

Default Temerity's Return Trip

This from Brian Boschma on Temerity:

we had been eating backpack food, but I couldn't take it any more. Made a lentil and rice dish with canned chicken and some fresh sauteed onions. Topped that off with a bit of pinot noir, not to be confused with Mouton Noir, who is about 100 miles to the north.

The boat handles the same as mine. I would alter a few things in the kitchen to make cooking safer. It is very painful to cook when on starboard tack upwind, and we have been on starboard for, are you ready, 244 1/2 hours, but who is counting.

We will arrive in GRand hopefully in 9 more days. The weather has been really challenging. We are alomst as far north as the oregon border and going further.

Termirity update
    T
    temerity
    to me, svmoutonnoir, wdi6622, +1
    1 hour agoDetails

1813 PDT Aug 5: 40-48, 149-53
    Winds ESE at 10. Course 70T. Seas 2 to 4 and chop. Water temp is down a ggod amount from two days ago. Weather has been less than compliant with our plans. This is the 269 th hour of beating into the wind. A few hours of motoring to date, having consumed 10 gallons of diesel. The gribs keep teasing us with a supposed shift to the NE which would allow us to point at SF, followed by a swing to the N and a reach. We are beginning to believe this is an illusion. If this persists we're headed for Portland.

BB

And this from
    John Woodworth on Owl

Yikes. We are facing similar illusions with the trades more north than east. We are still making Commanders waypoints though.
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-05-2016 at 07:53 PM.

I have a Marine Traffic station on the Delta (#2880) and logged in this morning to have a look at Delta traffic. I noticed much broader pacific coverage that I had seen previously. Apparently Marine Traffic is acquiring AIS signals via satellite. Maybe this has been going on for awhile but I had not seen it before.

In any event they charge extra for vessel names and data they are tracking via satellite but a couple of the targets look suspiciously like our Temerity, Seized Asset, Mouton Noir. Owl and so on. The positions seem to match up pretty well.

More from Temerity:

We have had issues. I think I sent that to you. Latest was a torn main and a frozen engine. All repaired at this point, not without a bit of diesel sprayed all over me late last night. We have video on that little episode.

I want to say, the most prized position on this boat is a single cushion. Only one on the entire boat. On it are stenciled the words, "Dura Mater". Thanks for tossing that aboard.