Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Return Delivery

Saraband arrived Astoria yesterday, and Elizabeth Ann at Charleston this morning.
    Last edited by WBChristie; 08-15-2016 at 07:49 PM.

The Delorme tracker can be out of date by a couple of hours, the AIS tracker is only a few minutes behind.
    Thanks...I recomputed and was getting between 2 and 3 am. Not sure if that will cut down on the welcoming committee.
    Susan Walker

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Temerity had a 3 hour delay at Pt. Bonita and will dock at about 0700 so it's still not too late to stop and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    Temerity had a 3 hour delay at Pt. Bonita and will dock at about 0700 so it's still not too late to stop and say hi.
    Temerity returnS

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 548
Size:  127.2 KB

Yeah Brian and crew!
    Last edited by Srwsails; 08-16-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    Susan Walker

Thanks for the updates/photos Susan and David! I am glad that everyone is back in safely!

Congrats to everyone who has returned thus far!

Shad is flying out this Saturday to deliver Kato back. His tentative plan is to leave on Monday. Is anyone else around who will be leaving at the same time? I know Brett is leaving any moment.

Jiri

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Probably a good thing to be leaving later, the fleet that left right after the race had pretty unfavorable wx with the High sprawled out up the the Gulf of Alaska or something. Very good sailing on all their parts to be back in 20 - 21 days.

Just saw that the son of a fellow competitor in the 2014 SHTP (Paine of the spreader problem...probable winner of the Foxfyre Trophy) has just won bronze in the Finn at the Rio olympics..
    Probably to be our only medal in sailing...Way to go Caleb Paine! Pretty well came from way back in the last two races....

Seazed Asset just got in yesterday. Vance said they had the engine water pump freeze up so no engine or autopilot for 1,500 miles or 12 days. No engine or power for pilot. The two brave souls had to hand steer the whole way. He said it was a voyage of Homeric proportions!

Shaman has hired a delivery team and the departure date is tentatively September 8th. I have three folks who are all qualified to skipper on their own, including SHTP veteran Ryan Finn (2004). Have a new Dacron jib I bought from David Hodges. That’s your report from Cal 40 land!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Just saw that the son of a fellow competitor in the 2014 SHTP (Paine of the spreader problem...probable winner of the Foxfyre Trophy) has just won bronze in the Finn at the Rio olympics..
    Probably to be our only medal in sailing...Way to go Caleb Paine! Pretty well came from way back in the last two races....
    Go Team USA! Probably our only medal.