Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Return Delivery

This just in from shad, "Outboard track worked, boats taking a lot of waves over the bow. Been having to pump out 3 buckets every 4 hours."

He got a bit sick the first day, but feeling better now. Hopefully things cool off as predicted.

I am continuing to get excellent satellite tracking of jacqueline's ais signal. Really impressed with the consistent results. Now that the crew has recharged the delorme, it is back to working too. Ha ha, I feel like big brother.

Just a bit more bandwidth and we could get live video
    Last edited by mike cunningham; 08-25-2016 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bizirka View Post
    This just in from shad, "Outboard track worked, boats taking a lot of waves over the bow. Been having to pump out 3 buckets every 4 hours."

He got a bit sick the first day, but feeling better now. Hopefully things cool off as predicted.
    Has he delivered a boat single-handed across an ocean before?

No - not singlehanded.

There are a couple purple targets out at 129W - anybody we know?

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...tery:38/zoom:8

(Click + and - if the chart comes up empty.)
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-25-2016 at 02:56 PM.

I see the targets you referring to but I am only allowed one vessel for AIS satellite tracking and that is set up for Jacqueline. I can't tell who these guys are. Maybe Owl or Patience or both?? see below

With regard to our SHTP boats:

Pakala, Kato and Jacqueline left within a day or two of each other (around 21 Aug) so they are still way out SouthWest.

Shaman is leaving on or about 7 September according to Tom

Tortuga is lying Ko Olina awaiting David's return to do the sail back cause Randy had to work

Not sure where Althea is but she was in Nawiliwili not too long ago, I don't think she can be that far East yet.

Elizabeth Ann, Dolphin, Temerity, Seized Engine...I mean Asset, Mouton Noir, and Saraband are confirmed home. Well, Dolphin was in Catalina, but that counts as home.

Dom, Fast Lane, Giant Slayer, Haunani, Libra, Minibar, Nina, Taz!!, and Ventus are all on, or will soon be on, "das boot".

I think that's everybody.

So where are

Althea
    Owl
    Patience

???
    Last edited by mike cunningham; 08-25-2016 at 07:42 PM.

I just got word that Shad turned around. He has been sick since he left with no sign of getting better. Looks like the islands will get hit with some weather early next week and its prudent to turn around earlier than later so he can get to the island before it hits. It was a hard decision for him to make and I certainly support it and hope he gets to land safely and feels better soon. Looks like I will have to look for a plan B.

Jiri

Chris's VENTUS will be offloaded tomorrow so my trailer is available. It would require some minor mods to fit an Olson 30 (shorten the stands). Otherwise it goes back out to storage on Tuesday.

Shipping is expensive but if you're interested: BobsailsSF at Yahoo

Patience arrived Brookings, Oregon last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Chris's VENTUS will be offloaded tomorrow so my trailer is available. It would require some minor mods to fit an Olson 30 (shorten the stands). Otherwise it goes back out to storage on Tuesday.

Shipping is expensive but if you're interested: BobsailsSF at Yahoo
    Jiri -
    Ditto Bob's offer with Domino's trailer, though my trailer lives in Alameda.
    My stands may be closer to O30 height, but Bobs rig is way spiffier.

I did confirm with Matson for Mike Cunningham that they would retroactively offer the same rates [such as they are] for a later shipment.

I'll relaunch Dom on Tuesday, picking up from Matson today.
    on a related note, this means our trophies are here... PM me and we can figure out a time to get yours to you.

Best,
    DH