Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: With heavy heart and light wallet

Default With heavy heart and light wallet

The idyllic days in Nahwiliwili have come to an end. I had originally planned to sail back but injury, boat damage and just plain fatigue got in the way. I decided to hang out for a week and slowly clean up the boat while I enjoyed, really enjoyed, the harbor routine. Good cup of coffee in the morning, update my journal, accomplish a few boat to dos, drink some beer, check out the daily catch as the fishermen came in (man, I need to charter a boat next time, a Marlin, big tuna, etc.) Say hello to various sundry sailors who are hanging out, watch the sunset behind the mountains get some zzs and start again.

I tell you, this could get addictive. But off to the real world to sort out the return of my boat. I wonder if I ever want to return.
    Last edited by BobJ; 08-03-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    The idyllic days in Nahwiliwili have come to an end. I had originally planned to sail back but injury, boat damage and just plain fatigue got in the way. I decided to hang out for a week and slowly clean up the boat while I enjoyed, really enjoyed, the harbor routine. Good cup of coffee in the morning, update my journal, accomplish a few boat to dos, drink some beer, check out the daily catch as the fishermen came in (man, I need to charter a boat next time, a Marlin, big tuna, etc.) Say hello to various sundry sailors who are hanging out, watch the sunset behind the mountains get some zzs and start again.

I tell you, this could get addictive. But off to the real world to sort out the return of my boat. I wonder if I ever want to return.
    Didn't you just retire? Why can't you stay?

The subject heading of this post made my heart sink thinking that you were selling Jacqueline, too. What a life, huh?

Sigh. When I get to Nawiliwili in two years, I plan to keep on going

Keep us posted, Mike, on how you're getting the boat back. Good luck!

Oh no, not selling or even thinking of that. Just reflecting on the end of a great adventure.

Hi Mike,
    I saw your title and had the same reaction as Gamayun. Glad you are OK and not needing to sell the boat! I am in process of finding a delivery skipper and have a couple of good leads. If you want help with finding someone I can share info. Send me a personal message and we can chat when you’re back.

Tom

Mike -
    Finally heard back from Matson - they are willing to extend the same "transpac deal" to you if you still want to a use Dom's trailer to send Jacqueline back.

PM or call me for specifics

DH

Team Tortuga has the post race blues too! I think maybe a group therapy session will be in order... good luck with your return trip. Tortuga awaits her delivery back to SF in Ko Olina on Oahu. A very relaxing place and one of the calmest marina's i've even been in.

Synthia (R/C) put on a post-race "Tree" back here after the 2008 race. Maybe you all should consider that.

After I got back and recommissioned Rags, I was sitting below kinda dejected and decided to put her on the market. Several weeks later I snapped out of it and canceled the ads. It can hit you that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Synthia (R/C) put on a post-race "Tree" back here after the 2008 race. Maybe you all should consider that.

After I got back and recommissioned Rags, I was sitting below kinda dejected and decided to put her on the market. Several weeks later I snapped out of it and canceled the ads. It can hit you that way.
    Maybe they can use that cheap therapist of Tom's.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post

We did Meet and Greet before the race. Perhaps "Regroup and Reminisce"

Susan
    Susan Walker