Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: With heavy heart and light wallet

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I think a SH transpac-er reunion event would be cool. maybe something like all meet at angel island on a specific saturday for a bbq/picnic of reminiscing etc? thoughts?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Yep, I think that is a great idea. Course you know how it goes around here. If we think it is a great idea we will probably be the ones who need to organize it.

    MIke

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    I was thinking about organizing one in Sausalito in October when Althea is back from his 3-4 month vacation (lucky bugger). Why sausalito? Because i live there Let me know if this gets traction and I will 'officially' do it. Otherwise, very happy to attend if elsewhere.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montara, CA
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Cool! Do you guys plan to invite the race committee (hint, hint)?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alameda CA
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bizirka View Post
    I was thinking about organizing one in Sausalito in October when Althea is back from his 3-4 month vacation (lucky bugger). Why sausalito? Because i live there Let me know if this gets traction and I will 'officially' do it. Otherwise, very happy to attend if elsewhere.
    This sounds like a great idea to me...
    absolutely invite the RC, IMO

    DH

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Venice, CA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I was just saying yesterday that I was so sad because I feel it all fading away like a dream in my memory......It seems so surreal and yet when I look at my videos I can feel it like it was yesterday.Good luck with all the shipping stuff Mike....Hauling and shipping my heavy ass boat was an adventure and then it all got delayed...no boat til the end of the month! Anyway....missing you all and sending lots of good juju from SoCal! I just posted an homage to you all on my blog and Jackie reposted it here as a thread (message from Haunani). I loved meeting everyone so much and sharing this experience!
    -Margie Woods
    "Cassiopeia", Hanse 371
    www.sailinghaunani.com
    mwbfoto@gmail.com

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Give it a few months... for the "itch" to return and grow... seems near half of first time bug lighters become repeat offenders. Its like being a drug addict... when the itch gets too strong the only answer is getting another fix... I have the itch (again)... sigh

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Santa Barbara Sometimes
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JimQuanci View Post
    Give it a few months... for the "itch" to return and grow... seems near half of first time bug lighters become repeat offenders. Its like being a drug addict... when the itch gets too strong the only answer is getting another fix... I have the itch (again)... sigh
    what he said ^

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    395

    Default

    I am sitting in my boat at Nawiliwili right now. Sun is going down in a beautiful pink and grey cloudbank.

    I got it figured out. I will be faster next time.

    Yep, coming back this way in 2018.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montara, CA
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    I am sitting in my boat at Nawiliwili right now. Sun is going down in a beautiful pink and grey cloudbank.

    I got it figured out. I will be faster next time.

    Yep, coming back this way in 2018.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •