Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZYC Challenge - Sept 10

Are there any (other) OYRA season singlehanders accepting the ZYC Challenge on Saturday? FUGU? LIBRA? OSCAR?

Or those willing to pay one more OYRA single-race fee? DOMINO? GRACE? JOUJOU?

Nightmare has an idea ...
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-08-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Assuming the recommissioning projects are completed [mast should be stepped today], Domino will be there to defend the title.
    I did not sign up the whole OYRA season, for reasons that are likely obvious...

DH

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Are there any (other) OYRA season singlehanders accepting the ZYC Challenge on Saturday? FUGU? LIBRA? OSCAR?

Or those willing to pay one more OYRA single-race fee? DOMINO? GRACE? JOUJOU?

Nightmare has an idea ...
    Bump. The OYRA entry deadline is 1700 today.

FUGU says there's a 50/50 chance you can shoot two birds with one ukulele (or something like that).
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-08-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Tom Boussie (Capo 30 JouJou, PHRF 123) plans to accept the ZYC Challenge at the expense of OYRA #9. The OYRA have been very supportive of singlehanded participants this season, but I foolishly did not sign up for the whole season and the SRE fees have added up.

One note: the OYRA #9 race looks to be starting off the StFYC with the first division warning at 9:40 AM (https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...DOC=si&TYP=pdf). Only 5 divisions, so they will all be off by 10:05 AM, but still want to stay out of their way.

The gnormous Mod 70 ORION is scheduled to start (with one other multihull) at 10:05. They need a lot of runway to get rolling and that's the time the ZYC boats will be near the StFYC starting line, so watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    The gnormous Mod 70 ORION is scheduled to start (with one other multihull) at 10:05. They need a lot of runway to get rolling and that's the time the ZYC boats will be near the StFYC starting line, so watch out!
    Well DM has a new tiller, so if they run up my stern and dent it I'll be upset.

Thanks Nightmare - I have you down.

we will actually use VHF frequency 71 not to conflict with OYRA and move everything 5 min earlier so start is 0955 instead

Sounds great!
    See you out there!

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea.

I got some yesterday. The net:
    Attachment 1805
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-11-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Remember to drop the chute before the South Tower Demon.
    Attached Images Attached Images