Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drakes Bay Results

Thanks for sorting things out. I know that sorting out the results with mixed fleets can be a pain in the transom, but I think it's worth the effort and I thank you for doing it. It's certainly less painful than trying to run an independent race. I think running the OYRA & SSS Drakes Bay together was a brilliant decision a few races ago when it became a reality. There have been some conflicts, but I think they've been worked out as they've arisen and. So far as I know, no one's ego has been bruised.

I am not a fan of jackrabbit starts or "taking my own time" finishes if they can be avoided in any way. I know sometimes it is necessary for the HMB race, but if having a race committee on scene is possible it's the way to go.

Racers, now that we have both days entered and I corrected a fat finger DNF typo (sorry Swift Ness) I have posted both day results combined on Jibeset https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...OC=fh&TYP=html The next issue is can our trophy people get them turned around in time for the Sept 7th trophy meeting? Can I please get some feed back on these two questions?
    1. IF we CAN get trophy's in time do you still want the Sept 7th awards meeting?
    2. If we CAN NOT get trophy's in time do you want to cancel that awards meeting and combine with Half Moon Bay Skippers on Sept 21 with Drakes Bay Awards?

I think if there's going to be a time crunch - and it looks like there will be - that postponing the Drakes Bay Awards to the HMB Skippers Meeting make all the sense in the world. I vote for just doing it. Again, thanks for worrying the results thru. Pat

Quote Originally Posted by P. Broderick - Elaine View Post

I am not a fan of jackrabbit starts or "taking my own time" finishes if they can be avoided in any way. I know sometimes it is necessary for the HMB race, but if having a race committee on scene is possible it's the way to go.
    Since DM and I have never finished a Drakes Bay race, I withdraw my opinion. Points taken.

However, surely there don't need to be two separate race committees on site at the finish in order for the results to be made available to whichever committee is not there at the end? What's up with that? If results can't even be shared, what is the point of sharing the race?
    Last edited by Philpott; 09-01-2016 at 07:35 PM.

The Stink Eye crew votes for a combined Drakes/HMB meeting on the 21st.

Thanks for all your work on this Rick!!

I think results came together better this year than last.

I am also good with a combined HMB skipper/ Drakes awards 9/21

Hebso-luto-lay! Combine the meetings. Good idea, thanks Rick.

Fugu raises a fin in favor of combining the HMB Skipper and DB awards on 9/21!

and Grace will go with the flow

Who says singlehanders can't agree on anything!

I'll bring dead flies for the Martinis - I have lots of 'em.