Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re-entry Party and Reunion

Hi everyone,

The date is set - October 23rd. I hope everyone can make it.

I am still working on the venue:

I investigated all the parks in Sausalito that allow you to reserve a spot. They are always swarming with 'undesirable' locals and the porta-pottys are horrible. So that is a no-go.

I am waiting to hear back from Spaulding Wooden Boat Works - it would be a great venue with a small cost associated with it.

If its 15 or less, Bri and I would be happy to host at our place.

Worst Case - Smitty's Bar, but its not the best venue.

I have a few other leads that I am tracking down, but please let me know if you have any ideas.

Will get back to you shortly!

Since I've never singlehanded to Hawaii, so I'm not part of the pary, but here's a suggestion. What about Alaya (Hospital) Cove on Angel Island? There are mooring/berth fees, but once you're on the island there are lots of picnic tables and the bathrooms are State Park quality. You can also park for $5.00 along Tiburon Blvd. and walk down to the ferry. Take a bike even.

Plans for great sailing adventures have been conceived there - and some future sailors!

Isn't Oct 23rd the Vallejo 2?

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Gutoff View Post
    Isn't Oct 23rd the Vallejo 2?
    Jeepers, you're right.

Maybe consider having it at the cruise out down at Sequoia Yacht Club Nov 5?

How do people feel about November 12 or 13 (6th is also a possibility) at Spaulding? They gave me a great rate and they will set it up nice for us. Pizzas and beer would bring it to about $25 bucks a person. If there is no interest in that then we can go the Sequoia route - might be easier for some to get there? But Marin is so nice

I am ok with either of the November Dates and potential venues
    the 6th will be problematic for those going to the other end of the bay on 11/5 however.

DH

Ahoy! Tortuga will try to attend the SHTP Reunion as well. All great ideas so far, its so hard to lock in a date but lets keep trying.
    That second weekend in Nov would work for us.
    I really like the idea of doing it at Angel Island, that way people can bring their boats too and we could picnic on the green there at Ayala Cove. Almost like tree time.
    Happy to have any stow aways on board that need a way to get to the island.
    My 2 cents. Cheers

I totally agree - the closer we can make this to treetime the better. Lets shoot for angel island on November 12th. What say you?