Thread: Half Moon Bay Race

Default Half Moon Bay Race

OK HMB racers, several issues..

1. We will combine the Drakes Bay Awards meeting with the Half Moon Bay Skippers meeting at Island Yacht Club on September 21th. I will send an eblast in the next few days and David will update the website (thank you David)

2. I am trying to open the HMB race in Jibeset but just need to confirm the good food options and cost when you register on Jibeset before opening the race. If HMBYC needs more time to decide our fabulist dinner options I will open the race Monday and figure out dinner later...

Personally, I have always loved this race as a precursor to going out the gate and turning left, and if you are ocean shy this is your race!

The Race is now open. We will work the dinner options and payments directly with HMBYC. Here is the link although they do not have the options listed just quite yet. https://halfmoonbayyachtclub.wildapr...dDate=9/4/2016

I did swap the starts slow to fast (your welcome Jacky) because of the traditionally slow race and do not see a problem with crowding at this GGYC start...Comments, errors, corrections?

Starting orders looks proper.

Looking for a ride back to the Fremont or San Mateo on Saturday night. Please PM me if you are interested in sharing an UBER. Thanks, Joe

I'm not going to make it to tonight's meeting - still at my office. Have a beer for me and like Greg said last time, don't go changing the starting line or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I'm not going to make it to tonight's meeting - still at my office. Have a beer for me and like Greg said last time, don't go changing the starting line or anything.
    Too bad you did nt make it because you were supposed to bring the weather. Apparently the pressure gradient has been cancelled for the weekend:

Name:  HMBWeather.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  70.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Too bad you did nt make it because you were supposed to bring the weather. Apparently the pressure gradient has been cancelled for the weekend:

Name:  HMBWeather.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  70.1 KB
    Would we rather have had this evening's forecast? Smack! Smack! Looks pretty bumpy to me, but I welcome disagreement.

TONIGHT
    NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. NW SWELL
    8 TO 10 FT AT 8 SECONDS.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Could be worse. Coamps for 1300 PDT Sat:

Name:  2016-09-22_103600.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  240.2 KB