Hey, Greg! Posting your progress toward the Transpac (and beyond!) in one place here (Nightmare's Saga) is a great idea. I know that I always look at it because I learn from it. What have I learned this week? That Greg has lots of skills. We can all aspire to knowing how to fabricate strong stainless steel brackets. Yeah. Or we can go pay Chris at Svendsen's metalworks. ;-)

Anyway, this is my location for asking ridiculous questions on behalf of Dura Mater. I will also post photos of ridiculous results. There is no false pride in this thread.

I'm going down to the Berkeley Marina to climb DM's mast in order to ... see what's up there again. Last time I ascended the hyperventilation caused me to descend as soon as I had retrieved that topping lift shackle (only part of the way to the top!!!). This time I go all the way. I have my nice new mast climber (ebay) and static line (Todd Olsen). While I'm up there ... um ... what am I looking for? Obviously I make sure nothing is broken or twisted or falling off. Including me. My deck light isn't working, so before I go up I'll check the fuse, but I guess I'll take up a screwdriver, too. And an appropriate bulb, come to think of it. Which is the only non led light on the boat - a halogen. Nice and bright when I needed it in Half Moon Bay last year. Any more advice, folks?