Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: What I Saw

Hahaha! Oh, yes! That makes me feel much better! Mo betta is them being there and me being here.

We had about 4 or 5 of those stowaways too, but none of them crawled up our pant legs. I should examine my rode and locker for more; it took most of the trip to get rid of them. Tenacious little guys. Did we get them in San Simeon or Coho?

Bugs in San Simeon, kelp in Coho.

Yesterday, December 2, 2020 on the Bay. It would be hard to find a cooler place to sail: https://vimeo.com/487063408

"Hello, Waypoint? Can I get a large delivered to Ayala Cove? Extra anchovies - the sea lions don't want my cold oatmeal."

Name:  DM Angel Island.JPG
Views: 872
Size:  741.7 KB
    Last edited by BobJ; 12-11-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Yesterday, December 2, 2020 on the Bay. It would be hard to find a cooler place to sail: https://vimeo.com/487063408
    Lovely!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Jackie -- I enjoyed your video very much. I was out sailing on Wednesday afternoon, ghosting along through Raccoon Strait, and put Waterloo Sunset on in the cockpit to complete the picture. --Todd

Quote Originally Posted by ToddArnold View Post
    Jackie -- I enjoyed your video very much. I was out sailing on Wednesday afternoon, ghosting along through Raccoon Strait, and put Waterloo Sunset on in the cockpit to complete the picture. --Todd
    Thank you, Todd. What is the name of your boat and where do you keep it? "Ghosting along". A nice phrase.

Wow. I keep getting blown away by the sunsets I see on the water. Yesterday my dockmate, Howard, and I sailed around the lightship. It was not Nathalie's ZYC race because ... well, that was postponed. But we went out anyway: Howard on his 911 and me on my Cal 2-27. Was it cold? Yes. On the way out of Potrero Reach I was boarded by the Coasties.

"Hello, ma'am." They were very polite. "Have you been inspected yet this year?"

"I've never been inspected."

"Well, ma'am, this is your lucky day. May we come aboard?"

Well, of course. So they did and we passed with flying colors. I have the yellow piece of paper to prove it.

Then on to the gate, where Howard had already flown the coop. That's a fast boat and Howard is a really good sailor. Probably thought we were racing. hehehe.

It was a confusing day, what with the wind from the east ALL DAY, never clocking 'round to the south like we expected. Dura Mater was wearing Bob's big fancy sail. On his J 92 it was a 150. On Dura Mater it is a 180 and it made me a little nervous. With the wind behind us and the big ebb, we flew out to the Lightship, only .5 mile behind Howard. But then, of course, the wind was on our nose coming back, so it was slow going. Really slow. And cold. Yeah.

As I approached the bridge I looked back and watched this pretty little sailboat still out in the Golden Gate.

Name:  Sailboat at dusk.JPG
Views: 864
Size:  287.8 KB

And upon re-entering the bay, I was, as always, struck by the beauty of that bridge

Name:  Bridge at sunset.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  227.4 KB

Just point and shoot and you get a picture fit for a postcard

Name:  Bridge in Winter.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  254.3 KB

Beautiful photos, and video.
    Thanks for sharing.
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it is vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible.

T.E. Lawrence