Thread: IOR & MORC event in SF?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default IOR & MORC event in SF?

It may not be completely SSS but maybe it would be something you might be interested in participating in.

I know i rarely post here and have been rather busy running other sailing programs and events for the Master Mariners. It has been with some sadness that i have not sailed many SSS races the past years as work life, family with a teenager and other things pressing things have kept me away from competing and general sailing with many of you. But those things are changing for me and my boat this next year. In addition to getting out among you all, I am interested in starting a group of like minded individuals and hosting an old school IOR/MORC sailing event in San Francisco for the spring or summer next year. I have some good experience running the Master Mariners Regatta serving as race and sponsor chairs. I think it is time to restore one of the premiere venues with all the old CCA & IOR boats here in the bay. I plan on writing an article for Latitude 38, getting support from local yacht clubs and marine business. It is my hope is to form a managing committee to begin to iron out the dates, get the race committee squared away and hosts on board. My inclination would be to keep the cost of entry low, participation based on mixed IOR/IRC ratings, try to group within logical classes. I would like to hold the first meeting in the next few weeks here in Alameda. PM if you would like to meet up to begin to further this conversation.

What would you think would draw the owners, crew and sponsors to this fun event?

Thanks!

Ted Hoppe
    Alameda, CA
    Last edited by BobJ; 09-23-2016 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Shorten thread title for index header