Thread: Andrews 28 Racer/Cruiser for Sale

Default Andrews 28 Racer/Cruiser for Sale

2010 Andrews 28 for sale. I’m selling my Andrews 28 due to health and relocation reasons. The vessel was purchased new in 2010 and sailed out of Vancouver for three years. I purchased it there and had it delivered to Jim Betts Boat Works in Anacortes, WA. There it underwent extensive preparation for the Pac Cup, including new masthead sheave fitting, removal of bottom paint and application of two coats of Proline Cold Cure Epoxy, design and fabrication of new composite washboards, design and fabrication of a new carbon fiber tiller and rudder, preparation for belowdeck mounting of an NKE autopilot, new electrical system, strengthening of the engine box/steps to survive a knockdown, new fw plumbing with a foot pump and two 30gal removable soft tanks, construction of a Stb pipe birth, 3 new Wichard padeyes for cockpit tether attachment, and a custom dual axel welded aluminum trailer. Available electronics include a full NKE package including a high resolution wind vane, TL25 triple display, HR GPS, wireless nema module, autopilot and hydraulic ram. I have a 180A LiFePO4 removable battery pack with BMS and appropriate relays etc. New Standard Horizon AIS/GPS VHF and Sat Phone are available as well.

Sails are North, including original laminate Main in ok condition, new 3DI roller furling jib, two A2s one never used the other excellent, an A3/5 heavy air/reaching spinnaker, and storm sail.

Can be drysailed out of Alameda or any place with a 3T lift. Lifting harness is included.

Price negotiable.

PHRF NC 81, and no I have no idea if it will sail to this, but reports are it is as fast as an Antrim 27 and certainly has a lot more creature comforts including enclosed head, Yanmar diesel with Balmar 70 A alternator and CM-614 regulator, full cushions, large quarter birth. Previous owner stated competitive with J/105 in crewed racing.

Construction is closed cell foam with Vinylester. Built to a very high standard. Please use my Gmail John A McDonald at Gmail.com no spaces obviously.

Boat has a retractable keel, correct? What is your asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig B View Post
    Boat has a retractable keel, correct? What is your asking price?
    Yes, retractable keel, launch with single point lift. Price negotiable, depends on what you want included, I can delete items (E.g. NKE package) if desired. All included 95k.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMcDonald View Post
    Yes, retractable keel, launch with single point lift. Price negotiable, depends on what you want included, I can delete items (E.g. NKE package) if desired. All included 95k.
    I am interested in the boat but at a lower price. Is it stil for sale? You can reply to cberg507@gmail.com.