Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Navigation class recommendations?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREIBERGER-M...UAAOSwa~BYVmiu

There seem to be a number for sale on ebay but $500 looks like a median price.

My Father's Plath, which he left to me upon his death, went missing during a household move from SF to New Mexico. My Dad was a Master Mariner and used this sextant to do some emergency navigation through the Amirantes islands. He was skipper of a 500 foot freighter which was only capable of making 3 or 4 knots due to breakdowns during a voyage from Cape Town to present day Mumbai. In March 1969 he wound up in Mahe, Seychelles where the ship finally gave up the ghost. He remained aboard for 9 months in Port Victoria attempting to get the bankrupt shipping line (Keystone Shipping) to pay him.

In an interesting twist of fate I spent ten years in Seychelles working at the US Tracking station on Mahe from 1980 to 1990. I imported two boats to Seychelles, a Freedom 25 from South Africa and a Beneteau 235 from France. I began my love affair with singlehanding in the 235. Both boats are still there and are in pretty good shape I am told.

My current boat is named after my wife who is a Seychellois.
    Last edited by mike cunningham; 02-10-2017 at 10:51 AM.