Thread: Lightspeed For Sale

Default Lightspeed For Sale

This was not an easy decision, and it took a year to decide because I love Lightspeed dearly. However, as I head to the big 70, Admiral Linda and I want to move to a bigger cruising boat to spend more "relaxed" time with our friends, family and seven grandchildren.

I have listed Lightspeed with Torben Bentsen at Passage Nautical. She will be available to view in several weeks after new windows and Teak & Holly sole are installed.

If anyone is interested you can review her list of equipment, accomplishments and pictures at www.wylie39.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    I have listed Lightspeed with Torben Bentsen at Passage Nautical. She will be available to view in several weeks after new windows and Teak & Holly sole are installed.
    Oh my! Oh my! Now Lightspeed: That's a gorgeous yacht in the true sense of the word. I remember when DM and I stopped off next to her that day when I came to borrow Bob's mast climber. You were airing her out and looking at the progress of her further beautification. Even in disarray Lightspeed was an obvious thoroughbred. And I love the fact that you were lightening up her woodwork to bring in even more light, Rick.

If only she were a bit smaller I would ask Santa for a Lightspeed for Christmas. But she would never enjoy the impeccable Elkins-maintenance under a Jackie. There would be crumbs in her cushions, dents in her bow and rubber smudges in her hull. She prolly wouldn't like that. Best wishes and I hope to see her on the bay under the next skipper with Hanalei Bay in his/her sights.