Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Standings Posted

Default Season Standings Posted

Season Standings are now posted in the Farallones race or just click link below.

https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...OC=fh&TYP=html

Seasons Standings through SHTP and Drakes Bay are now posted in Drakes Bay Race or click on link below..

https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...OC=se&TYP=html

I'm really not very much interested in the "overall" SSS standing, but I wonder how "single" or "double" is determined? I sailed the TBF single this year, and of course the Farallones Race, but all the others double handed. Yet i'm in the "single" category. I'm not sailing the HMB (memorial service for an old friend Sunday), so will get a DNC for that race whichever category I'm in. As I said, I really don't care, so I don't want anyone spending time changing thiings this year. I guess next year I need to start off Doubling the TBF. Pat

Quote Originally Posted by P. Broderick - Elaine View Post
    I'm really not very much interested in the "overall" SSS standing, but I wonder how "single" or "double" is determined? Pat
    Pat this is one area Jibest calculates not each club. From my point it should possible to be in both. I assume Jibeset just posts the top 50 points in each SH and DH...

Quote Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post
    Pat this is one area Jibest calculates not each club. From my point it should possible to be in both. I assume Jibeset just posts the top 50 points in each SH and DH...
    When I was the Ray Wrangler, this was the case. If you've competed at least once in each division, your points are calculated in both (with a lot of DNCs in one or the other).
    If Pat has mostly been racing DH this year but doesn't show up in the top 50, it might be worth checking into. I'll have a look if I get a little time.
    Max

We now have the Season Standings through Half Moon Bay.....https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=...OC=fh&TYP=html

Good luck racers.....I will be opening the Vallejo 1-2 as soon as we finish dinner issues....

How come Kynntana is not there at all? I won my division in TBF, which I think is the only SSS race I was able to do this year. But I'll be ready for Vallejo!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    How come Kynntana is not there at all? I won my division in TBF, which I think is the only SSS race I was able to do this year. But I'll be ready for Vallejo!
    I will double check Jibeset but not all racers show up because it only prints the first 50 racers even though more that 50 racers are on the overall list....

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    How come Kynntana is not there at all? I won my division in TBF, which I think is the only SSS race I was able to do this year.
    Carliane, remember that season points are based on the overall standings in each race. Looking back, I see that you tied for 17th out of 36 singlehanded monohull starters in the Three Bridge. So (without digging out my slide rule) you would have received just under 0.5 points for that race. If all your other races were DNC (1.2 points), you're probably in about 51st place, just behind Oscar who scored .412 at HMB and DNC in everything else.
    Hope this helps ... Max

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Carliane, remember that season points are based on the overall standings in each race. Looking back, I see that you tied for 17th out of 36 singlehanded monohull starters in the Three Bridge. So (without digging out my slide rule) you would have received just under 0.5 points for that race. If all your other races were DNC (1.2 points), you're probably in about 51st place, just behind Oscar who scored .412 at HMB and DNC in everything else.
    Hope this helps ... Max
    Fifty-first, huh? That's gotta count for something then Thanks, Max!