Thread: Today's TBF

Default Today's TBF

That was EPIC!!!

Mike, Do you have a 4 digit black number on your bow ? 1054 or something close ? As we crossed Port/Starboard, very close, I think I saw that bow just clear my stern.

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    Mike, Do you have a 4 digit black number on your bow ? 1054 or something close ? As we crossed Port/Starboard, very close, I think I saw that bow just clear my stern.
    yes, still have the 1010 from the shtp so that was likely me. I assume this was in racoon strait. Got kinda hairy in there. Couple of boats just behind me had a serious collision, after the loud bang I assumed someone was going to be broke but both boats got untangled and continued on.

I've never gone from hero to zero, back to hero then zero (etc.) so quickly in my life.

Certainly paid to stay wide @ TI, saw you Buffalo Girl round the outside with a few of us.

I did just receive an email from a non racer who was hit by Richardsons Bay yesterday. He believes it was a J boat but did not get a sail number but thought they had damage.....If anyone saw anything or want to fess up please email RC...Mahalo

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I've never gone from hero to zero, back to hero then zero (etc.) so quickly in my life.
    Ha ha, I actually caught up with you and passed you at TI - it was stunning, I was ahead for around 30 seconds when your next hero phase began to develop

Hey Jacky,
    what happened with your spinnaker pole? We couldn't hear you when we were over near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Now&Zen View Post
    Hey Jacky,
    what happened with your spinnaker pole? We couldn't hear you when we were over near you!
    I was channelling my inner Synthia, and just threw it up. It did just fine. I was saving my other spinnaker - my more expensive, $120 spinnaker, for the run down the city front, but then I forgot about it. Bought a grown-up spinnaker bag with velcro etc, but it looks complicated and I didn't want to fall off DM trying to figure it out, so I just ... well, like I said, I forgot about it.

Had a nice little chat with Dulcinea, who was a bit despondent about getting caught in that eddy near the Coast Guard cutter. He was actually being pulled backwards, and just couldn't seem to move forward into the big ebb south of the bridge. Poor Dulcinea. Lovely boat, by the way.