Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working on TBF Results

Default Working on TBF Results

Racers, I know everyone would like to see the TBF results and I am working on them. This is not a normal race and it is better to take a little extra time getting it right with 300 plus boats....I do want to give an extra thanks to those who self recorded there estimated finish times on Jibeset with the email link I sent Sat. That is a great help...It was a very busy day for the Race Deck and I want to thank all those who spent the day on the radio, spotting, recording, tracking, and taking hundreds of pictures of the start and finish....

Great work at a tough job race committee !
    Last edited by solosailor; 01-30-2017 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks for an awesome job!!!

Racers, we are still working on scoring so let's not start spreading rumors of results...Also remember per the Sailing Instructions under Start, the start line is RESTRICTED and you may only pass through once to start and once to finish. We had multiple boats that crossed several times after the gun and before thier start time so they will be scored DSQ...If you went over early and we also had multi boats, you will be assessed with a 20 min penalty....Take a deep breath, relax, we will get the results out as soon as we can......

Thanks, Rick! Thanks Race Deck! I had a really good time on Saturday. And boy, am I glad I READ THE SAILING INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

One thing I am going to add for next year is Restricted after the race...We constantly had finished boats sail back through the finish with thier sails up and blocked the RC from seeing other races finish..We also have the normal 3-5 boats all finishing together over and over and that takes time picture frame by frame. I have been rebuilding this with picture since 6:30 am and am only half way, so please everyone just chill....

Finish results update...Ok I have been at this since 6:30 am and am starting to transpose numbers so have reached the point of deminishimg returns. It is going in the drawer until tomorrow..One favor from those of you who have a transposed sail number on your entry, and also those who have a different headsail number than your mail sail number, please send the RC an email because I am still looking for you.....

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

How about, if you recross the finish line after finishing, fine, we'll just take the later of the times for use in scoring?

:P

:P, I like this, we start when you first cross the line and score your finish after your last crossing. Would add at least an Hour to some....

If I can find 9 boats we are done...I suspect they started, retired and did not report or we did not hear ret...I should have this rapped up by tonight or tomorrow morning....