Thread: Three Bridge Fiasco fiasco

Default Three Bridge Fiasco fiasco

Just got an e-mail from Jibeset/David regarding a few boats getting too close to the CG bouy tender. Apparently someone(s) actually hit it. I know when I went by the CG had their guard boat out with siren on sort of chasing people away or trying to keep them off the rocks - not sure which. It was awfully crowded in there.

Default Coast Guard Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Just got an e-mail from Jibeset/David regarding a few boats getting too close to the CG bouy tender. Apparently someone(s) actually hit it. I know when I went by the CG had their guard boat out with siren on sort of chasing people away or trying to keep them off the rocks - not sure which. It was awfully crowded in there.
    Yeah Mike, I was just behind you and the Coast Guard was on the radio for a good 20 minutes or so before that talking about boats being up against their cutter (the buoy tender) and requesting the patrol boat to come out and keep people away.

Knowing what a wind hole there can be at that end of the island and how strong the current can be I sailed a very wide path and still ended up just clearing the rocks at the southwest end of the island.

Tony