Thread: Wanted - MRUD Unit

Default Wanted - MRUD Unit

I just bought a Monitor windvane today and now looking for a MRUD unit - anyone have one to sell?

Thanks - Ross

Default Mrud

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    I just bought a Monitor windvane today and now looking for a MRUD unit - anyone have one to sell?

Thanks - Ross
    Hi Ross

I have an MRUD that was designed for a J120 ... the only time it was used ... was prior to the single handed transpac ... to prove that it could steer the boat. Am willing to sell it for $900.00

Okay - pretty old post - but did you ever end up selling the MRUD? Still have it?

Quote Originally Posted by saltandthesea View Post
    Okay - pretty old post - but did you ever end up selling the MRUD? Still have it?
    Suggest you talk to Al Germain. I borrowed his MRUD for the LongPac but am not planning to buy it. It's essentially brand new.

Cool thanks - I don't know Al nor how to get in touch with him - is he on the forum? Also, is he selling the MRUD? Thanks! - Mike

Unrelated, other than being an equipment item search:

I am looking for an ICOM marine SSB transceiver...IC-M710, IC-M700, or IC-M802. Hopefully the one with Ham channels included.
    The new ICOM can't be sold in the USA because of some problem involving the built-in DSC on the 802. The 700 and 710 are no longer produced by ICOM, so I'd be looking for something new.

Any help out there? Many thanks....Ken

Oops! Not looking for something new, since they can't import them to the uSA.

Ken, I bought mine off ebay a few years ago .... new. There is one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ICOM-IC-...pY9wj-&vxp=mtr