Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Sail Down to Sequoia Yacht Club

Default 2017 Sail Down to Sequoia Yacht Club

Hey, Kids: Time to put the Sail Down on your calendars! This year's visit is scheduled for Saturday/Sunday August 26/27. More later. Bring your kites and your spinnaker sails, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Hey, Kids: Time to put the Sail Down on your calendars! This year's visit is scheduled for Saturday/Sunday August 26/27. More later. Bring your kites and your spinnaker sails, too.
    Hey I don't have a conflict on that date, yet. Maybe I can come out and play! (the 24th is our Anniversary, so don't hold your breath!)
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Thanks, Jackie! My goal is to make it this time and not miss all the fun and camaraderie

The Singlehanded Sailing Society invites you to its third annual Sail Down to Sequoia Yacht Club in Redwood Shores.

Be advised: THIS IS NOT A RACE. You are invited to sail in a leisurely fashion down the eastern coast of the City of San Francisco in order to join other SSS members for a quiet day eating food, staying hydrated and sitting around in comfortable chairs on the gorgeous deck at the beautiful Sequoia Yacht Club. Raft up or reserve a slip. Spend the night. It’s fun.

When you go to a skippers meeting before a race, do you ever look around the room and say to yourself, “Wow! Look at the sailing knowledge gathered in this one room. I wish I had more time to talk with people but it’s a Wednesday night and I have to work tomorrow morning”? or

“How on earth did that person win that race in that dog of a boat? I think I’ll go over and eavesdrop.” or

“Half the people in this room sailed across an ocean all alone in small boats. Why would anybody do something so stupid and how do I prepare my boat to do that?”

Well, this is your chance to participate in exactly those kinds of exchanges, in a relaxing atmosphere surrounded by sailors just like people do in real yacht clubs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jackie! Looks like I'll be there, sailing down with Alan H. I need to remember to bring the Hawaiian shirt.

One tiny correction: Sequoia YC is not in Redwood Shores, it's in Redwood City proper. It would be hard to sail to Redwood Shores in anything bigger than an El Toro.

Thanks, Max. It will be great to see you and Alan. Who else is coming? Let me know so I buy enough burgers and dogs. Bob's Burger joint will be closed as he will be sailing in an OYRA race. Sorry! There are only so many weekends and my priority was to schedule it between our own races.

Unfortunately, it's also the Sausalito Women Skippers' Race ("no man shall touch the helm") and I am defending the perpetual trophy that Kynntana won last year with Beccie and Sylvia. These same gals will be racing with me this year as well as Dave Morris's wife, Lori. Wish us luck!! Ya'll have fun

Will be cruising down on a Hotfoot 20. Maybe leaving TI around noon, is there a meetup point for the flotilla? and what are the plans for leaving boats overnight? We'll have four people and will sail back north on Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeopteryx View Post
    Will be cruising down on a Hotfoot 20. Maybe leaving TI around noon, is there a meetup point for the flotilla? and what are the plans for leaving boats overnight?
    Thank you for asking, Archaeopteryx. Here's an update.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jackie, We regret that CLOUD (Sue & Tom) will not make the Sail Down this year. We will be on a road trip to Oregon to view the eclipse, then a wonder down the coast. This means the oldest SSS T-shirt completion is wide open, and... I will not be bringing the Talking Alarm Clock Perpetual Trophy (maybe next time). We look forward to hearing a full report of the event.
    Tom