Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Sail Down to Sequoia Yacht Club

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Wow - rough crowd!
    We'll miss you, Bob. Good luck in the OYRA race.

We'll miss you, Carliane. Good luck in the Women's Skippers Race.

Mike Cunningham? Plenty of room on Dura Mater, leaving out of Berkeley. I'll bet you could sleep aboard Owl. John?

See you there, Chris!

Anybody else? Carrot cake cupcakes on order.

The SSS is providing hot dogs, hamburgers, a coupla bocaburgers, bring stuff to share.

Buy drinks from the bar. I have the Commodore's Igloo cooler and the prizes.

Ah! Remember! There are prizes!
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-24-2017 at 09:25 PM.

UPDATE: Breakfast Sunday morning at Sequoia available for a donation. Bacon, eggs, toast and coffee. So far ten boats have confirmed.

Please advise if you are coming: Jacqueline.Philpott@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post

We'll miss you, Carliane. Good luck in the Women's Skippers Race.

Mike Cunningham? Plenty of room on Dura Mater, leaving out of Berkeley. I'll bet you could sleep aboard Owl. John?

See you there, Chris!

Anybody else? Carrot cake cupcakes on order.

The SSS is providing hot dogs, hamburgers, a coupla bocaburgers, bring stuff to share.

Buy drinks from the bar. I have the Commodore's Igloo cooler and the prizes.

Ah! Remember! There are prizes!
    Jackie - Jacqueline is currently at Berkeley Marina. My Daughter and I are sailing back into the Delta on Saturday. I have some stuff I have to do at home and the boat has to be back here by Sunday night. I'll catch up with you guys for the HMB race.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Almost cancelled due to the activities on the City front tomorrow. StFYC and all parking areas are closed. Our SI's were taken down yesterday and no new ones have been posted yet, although the scuttlebutt says we're still racing if they can find a committee boat.

All to say there's still a remote possibility Rags will join your drunkin' brawl.

PG (Pastor Greg) grew up on the last functional cattle ranch in the Bay Area. As a kid, he rode his horse around the perimeter of the family 5,000 acre ranch, fixing fences. He herded cattle, drove the horse trailer, took cattle to the slaughterhouse and so on. He's the only Lutheran pastor I know who can back up a boat trailer, first time, every time, into a really tight parking slot. There might be a Methodist or Presbyterian pastor around somewhere that can do those things, but no other Lutherans.

I seem to recall that the kite lines are thrown into one enormous, slowly self-destructing plastic bucket, on the boat, in the head. I think. It might take some sorting.

Jackie, we'll be sailing down and schmoozing in the evening, but not there for breakfast. Well, unless Max is getting up early to drive back to the Club. The Wildcat will be rafting up, overnight, tho.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

I'm in South Bay, is there room for one more 36'?

I'm just going to drive, see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by robtryon View Post
    I'm in South Bay, is there room for one more 36'?
    Of course there's room. Why drive when you have a perfectly good sailboat?

What time is breakfast? I could make that. I'm in Half Moon Bay right now. We kicked butt on Kynntana today. Two years in a row that Sausalito Yacht Club's perpetual trophy will have K's name on it

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    What time is breakfast? I could make that. I'm in Half Moon Bay right now. We kicked butt on Kynntana today. Two years in a row that Sausalito Yacht Club's perpetual trophy will have K's name on it
    . Congratulations, Carliane! What was the course? Was the awards ceremony fun? Did you get tiaras?