Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seminar Schedule and Notification

I will watch, listen, or whatever - as long as the technology to do so is within my abilities. Step-by-step instructions, and a little hand-holding may be required!!!

Jim/Haulback

Default Seminar remote viewing

I should be able to attend the first seminar but there after would like to be able to view on line. Can a web cam be set up to view the seminars over the internet? Cost could be shared by those interested.

Thanks for all your work,

Don

Hey,

I'm very interested. I'm coming up for the seminar on Monday but it's expensive flying back and forth every month. I definitely can't do it. Flight, car room = $$$.
    If we can get this going, I'd pay my share... (I'm in Costa Mesa in Southern Ca.)

Thanks in advance,
    Rich

The cost of the dial up meeting is about $6.00 per hour per person. Would those attending remotely be interested helping to defray these costs ?

Thanks,

Brian

3. The first meeting is a movie. Since I know of no digitized version of same a movie doesn't seem like something we can use in this format. Is there any reason to go online with the first seminar ?

Thanks for your input.

Brian[/QUOTE]

My two cents....make a powerpoint presentation of the basic content, and then a movie of the actual class. The movie can be made into a quuicktime movie at somewhat reduced size, and streamed from the SSS website. The powerpoint presentation, or other documentation can be downloaded from same....
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Thanks to everyone that joined us last night at South Beach Yacht Club for our first safety seminar "Getting Started". The club could not have been more welcoming and accommodating, and we had a great turn out of both veterans and new comers. Special thanks to Rob/Beetle & Bob/Ragtime for organizing the required equipment show and tell.

Synthia/Eyrie
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    The cost of the dial up meeting is about $6.00 per hour per person. Would those attending remotely be interested helping to defray these costs ?

Thanks,

Brian
    Brian,
    I wanted to let you know that there are at least two of us down here in SoCal that definitely need/want the telephone conference and online show. That would be John in the Columbia 30 and me in a Contessa 26 (and willing to pay our fair share).

Just a quick Hello from down here in Southern California. I had a great time at the seminar on Monday evening. It was great to put faces to names. Thanks especially to Synthia, Rob and Bob.

Rambling, but just to say thanks again and all the welcome smiles.

Rich Hillman
    Costa Mesa
    Horizon (26' Contessa)

Default Seminar viewing from remote location

I would be interested in getting in on the seminars from afar if possible and am able to help foot the bill if needed.

Eric

It was great to meet Don, Rich and others.

I listened to some of the remote access discussion and it kind of fried my brain. Maybe we just have somebody volunteer to tape the thing and make some copies for sale?

Any volunteers? You would be opening these seminars up to a much wider audience and doing the club a great service!

Although my boat is in Alameda, I live in LA and I would be happy to pay the cost of remote access to the seminars. Rich, I would like to talk with you, since our boats are very similar (I have an International Folkboat). - Tom Kirschbaum, Feral