Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free junk

Default free junk

Buried deep inside, you know you're a weekend cruiser. Yeah..YOU. YOU is who I'm talking to. You are that guy or gal with the stainless steel barbecue on the stern pulpit.

WAIT! What do you mean, you don't have one? Well, I've got a FREE stainless steel stern pulpit barbeque for you. Not only that but THIS stainless steel stern pulpit barbeque has been to Mexico and back. It's got your name on it, right there in hot dog grease. PM me.

Also, I have two outrageously cute toddler lifejackets that I bought for my nephews when they were about 3. They're in college now, and all these things have done is take up space in my garage..... Free with purchase of stainless steel stern pulpit barbeque. Garage dust included, no charge to qualified and registered SSS members..

PM me.

.....please.
    Last edited by AlanH; 05-23-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Like....

soon.

Also formerly hotsy, snotsy triradial kevlar genoa.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bpo/6146664781.html

$100 to SSS members and associates.

You realize, Alan, this might not be the proper forum?! On my first singlehanded race heading out the estuary almost 3 years ago now, and with my AP going hairwire (it would take off at some random 90 degree angle), I looked over horrified to see my nice SS grill still hanging off the back. Several times, I almost dropped it in the water, but somehow managed to get it off the stanchion rail and stowed below before making it to the starting line. However, it's a super nice thing to have on cruise outs when others are eating cold beans out of can

Other racers still make snide comments all the time about my bow anchor (pffttt). That's not going anywhere.

Anyway, lots of marinas will take the life jackets, if you don't find a taker. I gave a bunch away to Pillar Point Harbor, who were happy to offer them to others in need. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    You realize, Alan, this might not be the proper forum?! On my first singlehanded race heading out the estuary almost 3 years ago now, and with my AP going hairwire (it would take off at some random 90 degree angle), I looked over horrified to see my nice SS grill still hanging off the back. Several times, I almost dropped it in the water, but somehow managed to get it off the stanchion rail and stowed below before making it to the starting line. However, it's a super nice thing to have on cruise outs when others are eating cold beans out of can

Other racers still make snide comments all the time about my bow anchor (pffttt). That's not going anywhere.

Anyway, lots of marinas will take the life jackets, if you don't find a taker. I gave a bunch away to Pillar Point Harbor, who were happy to offer them to others in need. Good luck.
    Truth be told as I furtively look 'round to make sure nobody is listening... If the Wildcat had a stern rail, I'd keep it for Angel island cruises with friends.

I've tried giving the lifejackets away on Freecycle and CL and no takers. Go figure!

I had a locker full of life jackets and put them in a yacht club's lifejacket bin - some clubs require kids to wear them on their docks.

Alas, no room for the BBQ:

Name:  Rags Stern.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  588.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I had a locker full of life jackets and put them in a yacht club's lifejacket bin - some clubs require kids to wear them on their docks.

Alas, no room for the BBQ:

Name:  Rags Stern.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  588.4 KB
    Swim fins, broom and toilet seat.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Swim fins, broom and toilet seat. Hmm.
    No skepticism, Alan. That was Ragtime! all gussied up for the Cruise-Down in 2015. One can only dream that she'll do it again.

Now it's a "Sail Down" instead of a Cruise-Down, so I'll need a new shtick.

Maybe I'll actually take the cover off the main.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Now it's a "Sail Down" instead of a Cruise-Down, so I'll need a new shtick. Maybe I'll actually take the cover off the main.
    With her new drifter Dura Mater will be a force to be reckoned with. Watch out, Bob! We've certainly hijacked this thread!
    Attached Images Attached Images