Thread: Website will be down on the evening of LongPac start July 5

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Default Website will be down on the evening of LongPac start July 5

Hi,

I got this message from our hosting provider

You are receiving this message because you are a valued customer of InMotion Hosting.

On Wednesday, July 5 between 11PM and 6AM EST we will be performing scheduled maintenance on your server. This maintenance consists of converting our web server management software to a newer, more efficient service, and to maintain compatibility with cPanel's product lifecycle. During the conversion, access to your website may be intermittently unavailable for up to 30 minutes.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
    The InMotion Hosting Team
    I contacted them and asked to postpone this for a week but they would or could not do it.

So the first evening of the LongPac we will not have any services (tracker, forum, possibly email forwarding to board members) for that period, at least for some time.

Sorry about this!

David

The greatest annoyance will be Thursday am when folks at home will be waking up and wanting to check up on the racers.
    My wife and close friends have access to my mapshare.

The real tracker should be hosted on Jibeset. But not everyone will have the link, and if our site is down, they won't be able to be referred there. Hopefully it will be intermittent and not for the whole period. Because we are on shared hosting they could accommodate our specific request.

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    The real tracker should be hosted on Jibeset. But not everyone will have the link, and if our site is down, they won't be able to be referred there. Hopefully it will be intermittent and not for the whole period. Because we are on shared hosting they could accommodate our specific request.
    Anyone have a link to the race tracker?

I can't find it either. What's the plan guys?

Per Marine Traffic, it looks like only Six Brothers and Jacqueline are transmitting AIS. The two Cal 40's have turned them off. Not sure who else has them.

It is being tracked on Jibeset. But only 3 boats. I don't know if more might be added. I think some of the racers were getting their satphone or Delorme set up at nearly the last moment.

The company that previously did the tracking went out of business, I understand.

Boats are updating their positions directly via email to the race chair. I will see if we can get this published here on the forum.

Short URL to tracker: http://sfbaysss.org/main/longpactracker

Thanks pogs.

The comm plan says trackers are optional, and there will be twice-daily check-ins similar to the SHTP. So we may not have a full set of positions until after 2100 tonight.

I think in the interest of cost control we are going more old school on this one. I know that some of the racers have satphones or Iridium GO, and are able to send their position reports direct.

Going to Yellowbrick for a small event would have meant several hundred dollars per racer, I believe. We are making an effort to get the position reports posted here in text form at least.