Thread: Sailing Stuff: Give-Away @ Long Pac Awards Meeting 071917

Default Sailing Stuff: Give-Away @ Long Pac Awards Meeting 071917

My 1992 BMW Miss Lucy couldn't pass her smog test. My go-to guys at the garage tried three times. I even bought two bottles of that gas additive that GUARANTEED she would pass!! Poor Miss Lucy. Her mechanic said the state recently recalibrated their machine and Miss Lucy just couldn't meet the State of California's expectations of her. So I traded her in for a new Honda Civic. Sigh. Not. The. Same. But it is nice to be able to raise and lower the drivers side window, which was awkward at toll booths. And to have a radio. And cup holders. And I won't have to add a quart of oil every 600 miles. But still. It is Not. The. Same.

What does this mean for the Singlehanded Sailing Society? It means that all that sailing stuff in her back seat and huge trunk is ready to be given away. Yes, all that valuable stuff that I thought might be needed one day for Dura Mater? I'm bringing it to the Island Yacht Club Wednesday night @ 7:30 pm. And you should bring your stuff, too! David Nabors is still trying to unload those yellow jerry cans from Temerity. They went all the way to Hanalei Bay and back! Those are valuable!

When you come Wednesday night you will get to hear, IN PERSON, stories from the Sailors of the 2017 Great Pacific Longitude Race. That Tribe of Sailing outliers who intend to sail small boats across an ocean in 2018. Who DOES that? Crazies! Weirdos! Serious sailors. I'm really looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Philpott; 07-13-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Yes, the Hondas can be a bit limiting. You'll get used to it.

Name:  Honda Gear.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  124.8 KB