Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drakes Bay Over All Results

Default Drakes Bay Over All Results

Drakes Bay over all results are now posted. Looks like those Wyliecats are hard to beat SH or DH...

Yep, it's nice to just point and shoot while the rest of us have to sail angles.

Oh man, don't get me started about those Wylies! And Al won't even pretend, in the least little bit, to look like there might be some effort to it

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Oh man, don't get me started about those Wylies! And Al won't even pretend, in the least little bit, to look like there might be some effort to it

40' Wylie for sale in Alameda
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-17-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    40' Wylie for sale in Alameda
    Ha, I notice you didn't include the price. There's a b$g reason I don't have a Wylie...especially a 40 footer!

I think Al and Pat had to work a bit going up on Saturday, but coming back on Sunday they were able to point at Duxbury and then Bonita, let those wishbones out and sail straight down the pipe.

If you want a Wylie generally (vs. a WylieCat specifically) you can probably still buy Rick's LIGHTSPEED. It's even dark blue!

That's Wylie's "Lois Lane" for sale, not a Wyliecat. Asking about $16,000. But, notice the folded over mast. What you can't see is the internal damage. It's being sold as a "project" boat, so you might pick it up for less, and then spend lots of $$$ repairing her. 40' of IOR wood. Pat B.

The Wylie 30 seems to me a really good single handed racer. Though it seems simple with just a main sheet and choker adjustment, I read it takes time to develop the right input to make it fast for optimal speed like one design. But, dry-sailed from Brickyard's 4000 lbs hoist is out of the question.

I am really impressed at the flexible carbon mast and how little it needs reefing. Reminds me much of a windsurfer's bendy top.

Every race that Al goes by me or disappears into the sunset (especially the windy upwind leg), I get a tug from the Dark Side, but I am reminded of what Yoda says...

"If once you start down the dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny. Consume you it will!"

Quote Originally Posted by Submarino View Post
    "If once you start down the dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny. Consume you it will!"
    Hey, now. What exactly is the problem with bendy masts....? Don't knock it till you try it

I saw this bendy rig out in the Slot today:

Name:  K1.JPG
Views: 772
Size:  906.9 KBName:  K2.JPG
Views: 643
Size:  972.1 KB