Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

LOGISTICS. At Last! Shipping issues for the Boat or The Trip Home. The Crate. Lodging once you get to Kauai for you and loved ones who come to visit. Transportation options. The Tree. All will become a bit clearer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    LOGISTICS. At Last! Shipping issues for the Boat or The Trip Home. The Crate. Lodging once you get to Kauai for you and loved ones who come to visit. Transportation options. The Tree. All will become a bit clearer.
    I'm planning to update the website and just wanted to confirm that the SHTP seminar and the Corinthian skippers' meeting would be on the same night. Is that correct?

yes, at the risk of a longer evening, that is the "plan"

DH

Default The Return Trip and Logistics

2014 Photo of Brian Cline aboard s/v Maris crossing the finish line in Hanalei Bay. Source of the photo is unknown. Maris is a Pacific Seacraft 24' Dana, and Brian sailed home from Hanalei Bay. He will talk about his return at the seminar. Also on hand will be Mike Cunningham, s/v Jacqueline, who will elaborate upon his extended time in Nawiliwili Harbor after the 2016 race:

“I was having the time of my life during the two weeks I was there. Wake up in the morning, watch the fishing guys go out, do a boat repair or two, walk around the harbor, get some ice, get some beer cooling, complete the log and journal, drink cold beer, shower, rev the fan up, watch a movie, hit the sack...repeat.”

Also on hand: George Lythcott, s/v Taz!, recidivist Transpacker and source of much knowledge,

Brian Boschma, s/v Red Sky, creator of the Pelagic autopilot, Transpacker who has sailed back and forth several times from Kauai, and miscellaneous other singlehanders who have lots of answers about logistics and etc.
    Last edited by Philpott; 02-18-2018 at 12:56 PM.

For those wishing to listen in on the webinar; sign up here

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...77166745812995

Please note there will be a skippers meeting for the Corinthian Race before we get rolling on the seminar portion of the evening.

DH

At last night's seminar Brian Cline mentioned some inexpensive options for accessing faxes at sea. He started a thread before the 2014 race that can be found here:

http://sfbaysss.org/forum/showthread...5301#post15301

Cruise-In
    Last edited by Philpott; 03-01-2018 at 08:23 PM.

I am going to miss the cruise in. The real Jacqueline and I are going to Australia for a few weeks. My BIL and SIL want to show us Tasmania where they plan to retire. Sounds like it's pretty cold down there even when it's warm. Windy as hell too. Anyway, wish I could be with you guys, Gordie built me a great, flame red, erud. I was looking forward to showing it off. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    I am going to miss the cruise in. The real Jacqueline and I are going to Australia for a few weeks. My BIL and SIL want to show us Tasmania where they plan to retire. Sounds like it's pretty cold down there even when it's warm. Windy as hell too. Anyway, wish I could be with you guys, Gordie built me a great, flame red, erud. I was looking forward to showing it off. Oh well.
    That is a shame. There is a prize for the most beautiful erud. And yours so certain to have won.

Any news on the cruise-in?