Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    This will get worse before it gets better. Do not be alarmed.
    Not so sure if knowing this fact makes everything all better

I plan to be there. I am an RYC member, if that has any influence on dock availability ?
    Brian

I plan to be there (JouJou) by boat. My SHTP prep is woefully behind schedule, so I will not have much to share during show and tell. I am looking forward to see other boats and the emergency rudder deployment. If I am too lazy to bring the boat back to SF, are there slips available for overnight accommodation?

Yes, the expectation is that some boats will stay Saturday night. One planning tip: You can get out the front gate until 2100 by getting close with your car (like IYC/Alameda Marina), but after 2100 you're in for the night unless you have a (member) key fob. There is no food within walking distance so please bring your own.

The juniors take over the basin (in front of the club) Sunday morning so please do not go up in there to dock - wait for a slip assignment. Your gel coat will thank you later.
    Speaking of juniors, please be vigilant when transiting the club entrance and Pt. Potrero Reach for the e-steering race/demo, and especially on Sunday when departing.

Thanks
    Last edited by BobJ; 03-15-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Sorry to miss it but I'm hauling out tomorrow here in San Diego. That would be some serious multi-tasking.

Bill Meanley
    s/v Dolfin

Too bad, Bill. We will miss you at this: Emergency Rudder Race March 17, 2018

In preparation for the 2018 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race you are invited to join the inaugural Emergency Rudder
    Race. This is an opportunity to deploy your emergency rudder in unassuming circumstances with pick up crew of your
    choice or to be found on the Richmond Yacht Club docks. Too far to bring your boat? Drive over. Fly up or down. Bring
    your cameras or videos. This will either be a learning experience or another Fiasco. Scroll down for the Sailing
    Instructions.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Philpott; 03-16-2018 at 09:29 AM.

By the way, Christine Weaver, racing editor from Latitude 38 will be on hand to interview sailors for the official Singlehanded Sailing Society 2018 Transpacific Yacht Race program. She might also want to photograph you, so quick! comb your hair, brush your teeth, wear your shirt without the holes in it and .... oh, never mind. That just wouldn't be right.

I'm starting to match up boats and slips so if you haven't confirmed yet, now's a good time.

Domino will be there, but will probably head to Alameda for the night.

Ahoy! Tortuga will be there tomorrow around 1100!
    She's a Westsail "32" but with the bowsprit and boomkin, we're 40ft overall and draw 5ft.
    Looking like a rainy first part of the day tomorrow.
    Let us know where we should tie up.
    Thank you!
    Cheers
    Randy
    W32 Tortuga
    ~~~_/)~~~