Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

Quote Originally Posted by DonMartin View Post
    Any news on the cruise-in?
    RYC Harbormaster John Dinwiddie has asked for a boat count so he can empty the place of dues and slip paying members and make room for us on Saturday night. No, not really. That's fake news again. He would like to know what to expect so he can direct us to be as near to each other as possible. So please post here regarding your intentions.

We are invited to sail in so Transpackers are able to share and compare, admire and desire each other's preparations, especially in the Emergency Rudder and anchoring abilities. What time? Dunno. How does high noon sound to everyone? Plenty of time then to strap on the ER and get ready to ride out toward rounding some mark or other.

Other than that, here I am quoting Bob Johnston again, this from January 13, 2016:
    "This is the SSS - nobody is in charge. Or everyone is. Just like on your boat."

The RYC bar will be open, the kitchen will not. Please remember to sign in as a guest. Bring food for yourself and to share. Real food. Randy Leasure probably will not cook for everyone.

I didn't really say that (did I?)

John D. has deputized me to direct traffic on Saturday. That means I get to tell each skipper where to go. I'm looking forward to that.

If you also want me to tell you where you can dock your boat, please let us know you're coming.
    Last edited by BobJ; 03-14-2018 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    I didn't really say that (did I?)

John D. has deputized me to direct traffic on Saturday. That means I get to tell each skipper where to go. I'm looking forward to that.

If you also want me to tell you where you can dock your boat, please let us know you're coming.
    I plan to be there.

s/v Owl

I'm planning to be there!

Bob can tell me where to go, um, dock my boat.

I won't make it, but look forward to the accounts, pictures, and descriptions of the festivities. Maybe some video of the ER race? Or perhaps the race to the ER?
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    I won't make it, but look forward to the accounts, pictures, and descriptions of the festivities. Maybe some video of the ER race? Or perhaps the race to the ER?
    Oh, c'mon up, Lee! You can stay on Dura Mater. She has a French Press.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Oh, c'mon up, Lee! You can stay on Dura Mater. She has a French Press.
    Tempting, indeed, but I must decline. Among other things going on, I've got Doug Paine coming by Saturday afternoon for Morning Star's pre-race inspection. I already rescheduled him once, so I'll hang in San Diego and continue boat prep. Somehow getting ready for the race has pretty much taken over life as I once knew it. Just an observation. By no means a complaint.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Somehow getting ready for the race has pretty much taken over life as I once knew it.
    This will get worse before it gets better. Do not be alarmed.

See you there. Noon, Saturday....
    ...Don

Somehow getting ready for the race has pretty much taken over life as I once knew it. Just an observation. By no means a complaint.
    OMG, this kinda sums things up for me, too, except that projects are finally starting to role in and I have not had a single break from either work or boat projects in at least 3 weeks. My nice clean injectors are in a bag sitting in the galley while I finish the solar panel. Kynntana is not coming. I'll try to make it by land yacht.