Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    With regard to "dog food" I would like to include Spam in the discussion. Spam can be a gourmet meal IMO. Not only can one enjoy it right out of the can, one can buy it in all sorts of flavors these days. Tell me what hungry human could resist Jalapeno Spam on a dark, cold, windy night with no stars?
    You're not quite right, are you, Mike? I grew up on headcheese, pickled pigs feet, and cow tongue. Spam will never, ever land on my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    You're not quite right, are you, Mike? I grew up on headcheese, pickled pigs feet, and cow tongue. Spam will never, ever land on my boat.
    Should be a fun discussion at the provisioning seminar. Meanwhile, will there be a live web cast of Wednesday's power and comm show? And/or an on-line video replay afterwards? Unlike the last time, I couldn't conjure up a way to have work pay for my trip to and from the Bay Area this week.

I think I'm in good shape on power and comm stuff -- SSB and Pactor modem working smoothly with the laptop; energy budget says I can run the fridge 8 hours a day and still only need 56 minutes a day of engine time to top up the batteries. Big thanks to Mike J for posting the worksheet for Rags with all the formulas in place.

Nonetheless I'd like to see the seminar, cuz there's always something to learn.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

here is the webcast info.

WEBCAST INFO FOR THE DECEMBER SEMINAR

Please register for 2018 Singlehanded Transpac Seminar #2 on Dec 13, 2017 7:15 PM PST at:
    https://register.gotowebinar.com/reg...23612924850435
    After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    Big thanks to Mike J for posting the worksheet for Rags with all the formulas in place.
    Where did he post it?

I probably need to update it again - my little 35A alternator may not cut it now that I'm supposed to have a fridge for the head cheese and spam, a motorized stripper pole, disco lights and LED track lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Where did he post it?

Sorry, I meant to be thanking you, Bob. I found it somewhere on the web site and assumed you had posted it. It was in resources, or prior race prep, or somewhere.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    here is the webcast info.

WEBCAST INFO FOR THE DECEMBER SEMINAR

Please register for 2018 Singlehanded Transpac Seminar #2 on Dec 13, 2017 7:15 PM PST at:
    https://register.gotowebinar.com/reg...23612924850435
    After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
    Thanks, Dave. Really appreciate this.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Where did he post it?

I probably need to update it again - my little 35A alternator may not cut it now that I'm supposed to have a fridge for the head cheese and spam, a motorized stripper pole, disco lights and LED track lighting.
    http://sfbaysss.org/resource/shtp201...etSHTP2016.xls

The Pacific cup site also has some examples.
    Jeff

Hi Folks,

A big thanks to Rob for leaving the Hawaiian islands to give this talk.

Tonights audio was much better, and I think not having to hold the mic helped the presenters.

Also I think I need to start squirreling away some funds for some communication equipment

Cheers
    Shane

Per usual, the simpler audio worked better.
    link is here for the recording:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2863923612924850435

you'll have to register to view/download.

DH

Hi All -
    Webinar info for Wednesday's Rigging & Sails Seminar:

Please register for 2018 Single Handed TransPacific Yacht Race Seminar #3 on Jan 17, 2018 7:25 PM PST at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...03426004643586

Join the SSS for an orientation and discussion of Rigging and Sails for the 2018 Single Handed TransPacific Yacht Race.

Best,
    DH