Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: 2018 Seminars

updating the location of the archived seminars:
    now available for your viewing pleasure on the SHTP 2018 Website.
    http://sfbaysss.org/shtp2018/seminars/

The webinar link in the preceding post will go dark at some point in the near future.

DH

Remember that Wednesday, May 16, 2018/ THIS WEDNESDAY will be the last Seminar for the 2018 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race. The topic will be Weather Routing and Race Strategy. Former Commodore Al Germain and current Commodore David Herrigel will preside.

Prior to the seminar on Wednesday evening will be the skipper's meeting for the Farallones Race on Saturday May 19.

The meeting will be at the Island Yacht Club in Alameda at 7:30 pm. There will be goodies/pre race swag provided to Transpac registrants and there may also be a bartender.
    Last edited by Philpott; 05-14-2018 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Remember that Wednesday, May 16, 2018/ THIS WEDNESDAY will be the last Seminar for the 2018 Singlehanded Transpacific Yacht Race. The topic will be Weather Routing and Race Strategy. Former Commodore Al Germain and current Commodore David Herrigel will preside.

Prior to the seminar on Wednesday evening will be the skipper's meeting for the Farallones Race on Saturday May 19.

The meeting will be at the Island Yacht Club in Alameda at 7:30 pm. There will be goodies/pre race swag provided to Transpac registrants and there may also be a bartender.
    I hope David will send info on the webinar link. I am in Florida taking care of very sick mom. I definitely don't want to miss this one. Please save my swag for me, too! Can't wait to see what's in the goodie bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    I hope David will send info on the webinar link. I am in Florida taking care of very sick mom. I definitely don't want to miss this one. Please save my swag for me, too! Can't wait to see what's in the goodie bag.
    Hope your Mom feels better soon Gamayun!

Here is the link for tomorrows webinar for those that cannot attend;

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...45125127072770

DH

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Hope your Mom feels better soon Gamayun!

Here is the link for tomorrows webinar for those that cannot attend;

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...45125127072770

DH
    Thank you very much for the kind thought, David, and for the link. It'll be 10:30 PM on the right coast so this'll be like a bedtime movie. Hope it's riveting!

I am in Florida taking care of very sick mom.
    Wishing you/her well too ... aging parents are on my horizon and I dread it ...

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Wishing you/her well too ... aging parents are on my horizon and I dread it ...
    Thanks, PJ.

Hope your mom is doing better very soon, Gamayun. I know how difficult these things cam be. And my parent's are on the same side of the country.

And a big thanks to David for doing the webinar thing. I've been unable to attend a few of the meetings and being able to go back and watch the recording has been great.

JS

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Thanks, PJ.
    I hope you mom gets better too!

As for strategy, David H. says just sail as fast as possible towards the nearest hurricane. Simple!

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    I hope you mom gets better too!

As for strategy, David H. says just sail as fast as possible towards the nearest hurricane. Simple!
    Ummm, did anyone read Sleddog's post about getting around the high? That's my nightmare. Having been through more hurricanes than I care to relive, I'm not quite ready to sail through one as a strategy, but sailing into the middle of a high and going no where for days is way mo' worse to maintaining my state of mind!