Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

How about "Anchoring and Dinghying in Hanalei"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    How about "Anchoring and Dinghying in Hanalei"?
    to be covered as part of #6 - "Arrival and Kauai Logistics"

ULDB dinghy:

Name:  uldb_dinghy.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  51.0 KB

Can we get a show of hands, please? Our sponsors are clamoring for obvious reasons for why they should dedicate their vast sums of money. You, Shannon of the Blue Fins, are you in? In other words, Is Fins In? And how about Bad Bunny? AZ Sailor, what is your boat's name? I have the naked swimmer on my list, too, no need to expose yourself further just now. Lee on Morningstar? PJ, he of the steep but obviously successful learning curve, and our local girl, Carliane. Please advise because our advertising money hangs in the balance.
    Last edited by Philpott; 09-29-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Good point Philippe - For the SHTP or seminars? I will NOT be attending the seminars in person, I live in Charlotte NC, but will be looking for the videos from them. I'm working very hard to make the SHTP race and have every intention of being there!

Any ideas when the NOR will be out?
    Last edited by SeanRhone; 09-29-2017 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Can we get a show of hands, please?
    For the SHTP? Yes, I'm in. Or was the question for the seminars?

Speaking of sponsors will there be items available "through" the race, such as life rental, tracker, etc?

In Punta del Este now and soon to be offline.

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Speaking of sponsors will there be items available "through" the race, such as life rental, tracker, etc?.
    Items needed. Items available. This is the grist of the seminars.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    Can we get a show of hands, please?
    AZ Sailor here, aka Lee on Morning Star. It is my firmly held intention to start and finish the 2018 SHTP. Baring something really unforeseen and unlikely happening in the next 267 days, I'll be at the line.

You might contact the good folks at PSSA. Per my communications with PRO Stokes, they might have 3 or 4 members entering.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    You might contact the good folks at PSSA. Per my communications with PRO Stokes, they might have 3 or 4 members entering.
    Oh, so Lee on Morningstar is also AZ Sailor. Hoo boy! That was confusing! I believe the sailors of PSSA know their way up here. They have sent a few scouts north in recent years.

I'm in for both the seminars and the race! After all the effort over the past years and the work still to come, I can't even fathom the idea of standing on shore and watching everyone take off without me.

I'll email Margie and find out about her. She was going to do it, but was waivering recently. Has anyone contacted the woman who teaches nearby and was planningto race last year, but broke her foot or something? I'll see if I can find her email address.

By the way, I'm planning to contact (very soon), the Nawilwili Yacht Club to see if their youth sailors would like to "join us" in some of our seminars and to track the racers. This was something we talked about last year. They were super excited to have us and it would make the connections all the stronger (especially for us racers). I'll start a new thread on this so we don't bugger up this one, but getting the webinar to work will benefit many. Thanks, Dave!!!

Carliane
    s/v Kynntana
    Last edited by Gamayun; 09-30-2017 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Forgot how to spell Nawiliwili