Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

Default WebCast info

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRhone View Post
    And this seminar will be broadcast over what for people who cannot attend in person?
    here are the details for the webcast:
    Please register for 2018 Single Handed Transpac Seminar #1 on Nov 15, 2017 7:15 PM PST at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...69283185874691

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Fingers crossed the internet connection holds up and that everything flows smoothly. Just sayin' there may be issues the first time out of the box.

Best, DH

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

The webcast info is posted up on the main site. The full url to use is

Code:
    https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7561269283185874691

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    here are the details for the webcast:
    Please register for 2018 Single Handed Transpac Seminar #1 on Nov 15, 2017 7:15 PM PST at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/reg...69283185874691

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Fingers crossed the internet connection holds up and that everything flows smoothly. Just sayin' there may be issues the first time out of the box.

Best, DH

I enjoyed the webinar last night. Thanks for doing that!
    Jeff

Dave, thanks for multi tasking last night to do the webinar! Are you going to archive it and did it end abruptly? Someone said they thought the connection had been lost, but maybe it was just stopped. Anyway, just wanted to give you feedback. I love having webinars as I'm likely to miss one of the seminars.

Hi Carliane et al -
    yes, I'm in the process of archiving and creating a channel for distribution.
    unfortunately, the one glitch was we abruptly lost the connection about the time Bob said "that's about the last thing" and it ended abruptly.
    That should be a one time glitch, and should not repeat for the future seminars.

We can tighten up some other things, including where we demo equipment; pretty sure most of the rudders displayed across the back wall of the room were mostly not visible, though you can hear the descriptions.

For the first time out of the box, I think it went OK; apologies to all on the web for my clunky camera work, etc.

Stand by for the archive... I will share later today once I have it sorted.

DH

Three photos of Greg Ashby's Emergency Rudder for NIGHTMARE, and a short video of Chris Case discussing his ER for FUGU, both Wilderness 30s:

https://vimeo.com/243154609
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I think we took questions after we lost the connection and I wonder if we had any from the remote audience. If so, ask 'em here!

Woulda coulda shoulda done that instead of the time spent talking about wearing the safety harness when it got hot

Overall quite a step-up in tech from the days of balancing a cell phone on the front table - Thanks Dave!

Here are some more pictures! Great job, Bob, on all the stuff we need to bring, and to everyone else who gave us inspiration on emergency steering options.

Name:  20171115_204609.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  2.65 MB

Name:  20171115_194717.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  4.10 MB

Huge thanks to Jackie, Dave, Bob, Brian, and everyone who made this happen. It was very informative and very well worth attending. Great to put faces with some of the names/boat names/screen names of people on this forum.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Sailor View Post
    Huge thanks to Jackie, Dave, Bob, Brian, and everyone who made this happen. It was very informative and very well worth attending. Great to put faces with some of the names/boat names/screen names of people on this forum.
    x2 :-)