Thread: Cruising the Northwest Coast: From the Golden Gate to Port Angeles

Default Cruising the Northwest Coast: From the Golden Gate to Port Angeles

Here is a book that may be of interest to those of you considering the sail north. I located it in a footnote to some other footnote, and googled the author of this book: George Benson. He wrote a book about sailing close along the coast, with lots of photos. I found an email somewhere, don't remember how, and wrote to him. Mr Benson is no longer sailing with us, but his very nice wife wrote me back. Send Mrs Benson $26 / shipping and handling, and she will drive the book to the library herself.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 7:49 PM, JoAnne Benson <jobee_art@hotmail.com> wrote:

I'm his wife. We spent many summers up in the inland passage and north B.C.. Got to Alaska one year. We were always in sight of shore, and had some great sails while heading north.

We had a Coronado 25 that George upgraded to what our fellow sailors called a Benson 27. When he got ready to take the boat north, he could find very little info on that trek, ergo, he decided to write the guide upon his return. Evidently there is still very little written about "turning right out the Golden Gate", cause I have gotten at least one order per month since George passed about in Dec 2015.

I know you'll enjoy the read.
    Happy sailing.
    I'll watch for your order Jackie.
    /jo
    Attached Images Attached Images