Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Middle of Winter SSS cruise-out

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    DURA MATER, WILDCAT OF LOCH AWE, TORTUGA, LaDONNA JEAN and OWL: Attachment 3013
    My sweet brother, ever desperate for me to win Just Once, had this to say about this photo: "I see you're in first place"

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Alan, were you returning to Coyote Point around 1500 yesterday? I saw a boat that plausibly looked like Wildcat approaching your slip as my flight landed at SFO.

Edit: Belay that! I'm a day off. Presumably you're returning today.
    I futzed around at Brisbane until almost 1:00 on Sunday, waiting for some "5 minute epoxy" to get strong and repair my busted gas line fitting. Alas, at 12:40 when I figured the five-minute epoxy had cured for an hour, the moment I trid to attach the line to the outboard the fitting came apart. So I sailed back to Coyote Point. It got a bit dicey at the end, the last mile or so was done in <4 knots of breeze, just inching along. usually, sailing into Coyote Point, through the channel and into the turning basin is no big deal. This time it took 6 tacks against the current caused by the marina emptying out as the ebb built. If I'd left at noon, it would have been fine.

I actually tacked in and managed to get to the pump out dock, but no way was I going up the fairway to my slip. So I walked over to the truck, hopping in and drove to West Marine. I bought a replacement fitting and went back to the boat. The fitting went on the hose and 10 minutes later I'm in my slip. I pulled in from sailing down about 4:30. I got home about 8:00!

Also Brisbane is going to lien sale pretty good looking San Juan 24. Hull, rig and so on look good. There are no cushions, no sails and no outboard, but Skip has a little long shaft outboard for sale. So if you know someone looking for a small boat, this might be a good way to get started.

Coyote Point will be lien selling a very trashed Yamaha 30 and a nice little Intl Folkboat with an inboard engine, in the Spring.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

San Juan 24; needs sails, cushions, and outboard.

Name:  sanjuan24.JPG
Views: 294
Size:  76.2 KB

Brisbane also has a Freedom 21 they're lien-sale-ing. It needs a haulout but aside from that it looked pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    My sweet brother, ever desperate for me to win Just Once, had this to say about this photo: "I see you're in first place"
    What?! Didn't you tell him about your Farallones race? So don't take this in the corny way it sounds, but you're a winner every time you get out and sail the heck out of that boat

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Brisbane also has a Freedom 21 they're lien-sale-ing. It needs a haulout but aside from that it looked pretty good.
    Oh really? Is there more information about it somewhere? I'd love to post it to a few places.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    Oh really? Is there more information about it somewhere? I'd love to post it to a few places.
    Turns out that the San Juan 24 belongs to the yacht club, mistake there. I should have taken pictures of the Freedom.

It looked like it was in perfectly fine shape, to me. The mast is fine, it's got the aluminum spinny pole, the rudder is there...boom is there. I didn't see any stress cracking at the deck, around the mast. I didn't climb aboard so don't know about sails or outboard motor. I think it was last registered in 2013. Definitely needs a haulout and pressure wash, but honestly, looked to be perfectly fine..

it's green. Ha!

The assistant Harbormasters info is:

Teresa Camarda
    Harbormaster Office
    Brisbane Marina
    400 Sierra Point Pkwy
    Brisbane, CA 94005 Tel: 650.583.6975 Fax: 650.583.6978

*** I am generally in the office Sundays thru Thursdays ***

That green Freedom used to be in the webcam shot.
    Not sure if it moved of the cam moved, but it is not in the shot today.
    It has been there at least ten years and used to be right in front of the Harbormaster office side-tied on dock 2.

http://brisbaneca.org/departments/marina/webcam

Quote Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
    That green Freedom used to be in the webcam shot.
    Not sure if it moved of the cam moved, but it is not in the shot today.
    It has been there at least ten years and used to be right in front of the Harbormaster office side-tied on dock 2.

http://brisbaneca.org/departments/marina/webcam
    It's over on dock 1, out at the end in some enormous 45-50 foot slip.

Thanks for the info, guys! I can't (won't) buy another boat, but would love to get the word out about it. It hurts my soul to see neglected boats, but especially a Freedom.

C.

The Marina sent along a picture which isn’t vet good but shows that the mainsail is there. The sail cover is damaged so the sail might be sun- damaged.