Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: SHTP Results Update 1978-Present

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Gee Carliane, that does put you in a very select group. And the way I see it, in two years you could be the only female in the history of the world to have done it twice.

    Bill
    That is a most excellent point, Bill!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    That is a most excellent point, Bill!
    Well, that's that then.

    Carliane, you are going in 2020!

    We now have the first confirmed participant in the 2020 SHTP. And a new record will be established. Yea!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,844

    Default

    The SHTP - it's like Lay's potato chips.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Hi Mike, I think your idea is super and I have already made some additions to the initial set of survey questions you sent.

    Bill
    Ok, cool. I am reaching out to the guy who did the surveys I was referring to. I want to see if he will share the methodology he used. Should have some feedback in a couple of days.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Discovery Bay, CA
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Ok, cool. I am reaching out to the guy who did the surveys I was referring to. I want to see if he will share the methodology he used. Should have some feedback in a couple of days.
    Got feedback on survey tool and am working on initial template.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montara, CA
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Gee Carliane, that does put you in a very select group. And the way I see it, in two years you could be the only female in the history of the world to have done it twice.

    Bill
    I was looking for the spreadsheet from this feed and noticed your comment, Bill, and need to make a correction. Linda Newland was the first (and only) woman to have done the SHTP twice. Her former name was Linda Weber-Rettie. She didn't stop with that race either. She also sailed solo from SF to Kobe, Japan, and still holds the record (52 days) for a woman's solo transpacific crossing. And this was the whole ocean, too....not just half of one, as someone said to me once.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Linda Newland was the first (and only) woman to have done the SHTP twice.
    I stand corrected. Oh well, you can still be the second but then you would probably have to sail all the way to New Zealand to cross the "whole ocean". I think the SHTP is fine just the way it is. By the way - with all your "admin control" power, maybe you can change the name of this thread to be "SHTP Results 1978 to Present".

    DolfinBill

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Montara, CA
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    By the way - with all your "admin control" power, maybe you can change the name of this thread to be "SHTP Results 1978 to Present".

    DolfinBill
    Ha, ha. It wasn't me that made the title change. Someone probably thought it best to not let me tinker with things like that.

    I'm actually thinking of doing the PacCup next year with two women friends. Does that kinda count?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    I'm actually thinking of doing the PacCup next year with two women friends. Does that kinda count?
    That absolutely counts. I was thinking of just flying over to Kauai next year to shake everyones hand and pat them on the back. I know that doesn't count - unless maybe I go out on the Sea Squirrel at 3am.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Arnold, CA
    Posts
    410

    Default

    What kind of nut finishes a race at 3 am!? , oh wait....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •