Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SER Questions

There is a fresh cut of the SER document on Jibeset.
    It took some concerted effort with the *&*# google dox to knock all the versions together.
    To Bill's general point, there were legacy items from the Long Pac doc that don't apply to Singlehanded races.
    I think we are finally there with the Tailoring To Fit.

@ Bill - most, but not all, of your crits have been cleaned up, specifically the MOB, the some bits about required Man Overboard Drills, etc.
    specific to the diagram - that was actually in the documents from 2016 and is left in.
    Why? yeah, I'm sure we all remember where things are when we leave the dock.
    Personally, me, not so much when I've been up for 2 days, it's 3am and the boat is leaking.
    Speaking from personal experience, it also comes in handy when the USCG want to find the safety equipment while in the same sentence (with their hand on a holstered sidearm) instructing you not to move from your seat.

DH

Putting aside the PHRF consideration I couldn't find a requirement for an alternative mean of powering the boat aka engine but I recall reading something about that somewhere. Did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    Putting aside the PHRF consideration I couldn't find a requirement for an alternative mean of powering the boat aka engine but I recall reading something about that somewhere. Did I miss it?
    Nope -
    there is a requirement in the seasons NOR and Standing Sailing Instructions for an "alternate means of propulsion", but not in the requirements for the SHTP.
    you didn't miss it.
    As you mention, there is a Rating requirement for the O30 that they sail with the outboard on the boat, though not necessarily on the transom. I think that is rooted in the class rules which the PHRF # is based on; could be wrong about that.

DH

A couple of minor questions:

SER 2.03[c] calls for "A completed sailing experience form noting offshore experience, evidence of
    seamanship." Is there an actual for to fill out for this, or do we just write up basic narrative of our experience?

SER 2.03[j] calls for proof of completion of SAS course, but there doesn't seem to be any specific place for this on Jibeset. Should the course certificate be uploaded somewhere on Jibeset, or emailed to RC, or what?
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Lee,

If you look at the SHTP 2018 link and then click on SHTP 2016 site, then race documents, you will see templates for some of the forms, including sailing experience. As for where you post the SAS course - I forget.

Bill
    s/v Dolfin
    Last edited by dolfinbill; 03-14-2018 at 06:43 PM.