Thread: Richmond-South Beach Race-Sept 6

Default Richmond-South Beach Race-Sept 6

Don't forget that the R-SB race is only 2 weeks after the HMB race. Mail in your entries as soon as you can.
    Respectfully, Thom

SeaRail 19, SriRacha

After the race, the bar at South Beach YC will be open and a casual dinner will be available ... they make a mean steakburger. They've asked me for a rough head count, so contact me if you think you may stick around.

The Giants are playing the Pirates at 6:00, so you could fit that in too if you're so inclined. Contact South Beach Harbor for guest berths or anchor in McCovey Cove. We'll try to set up a shore boat.

Max

Default Richmond-South Beach

Like the Corinthian (fka the "In-The-Bay" race), the Richmond-South Beach Race is a new course and new name. Therefore I have another opportunity to break with tradition with the shirt design. I have one zany idea rattling around in my brain but it's a stretch.

Any suggestions (before I come up with something you might be embarrassed to wear)?

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Like the Corinthian (fka the "In-The-Bay" race), the Richmond-South Beach Race is a new course and new name. Therefore I have another opportunity to break with tradition with the shirt design. I have one zany idea rattling around in my brain but it's a stretch.

Any suggestions (before I come up with something you might be embarrassed to wear)?
    The LOUDER the better, but please - not road cone orange. How about something in a short sleeve, swirly fuchsia stripes on black, with ultra-violent lime green lettering? That should be an eye-popper!

- rob/beetle

Here is an update on post-race options and activities:

There are no overnight berths available for Sep 6-7 at South Beach Harbor, and not many temporary spots (perhaps 5 or so) for those interested in socializing at South Beach YC after the race. Anchoring is still an option, but depends on someone bringing a dinghy along.

Because there is a Giants game that evening, normally the marina would charge the overnight fee even for those who just want to tie up for a couple of hours. However, they have agreed to waive that fee and just charge us the normal $10 per boat for a temporary tie up. Still makes for an expensive glass of beer ;-(

Because of the difficulty of getting more than a few people ashore, the SSS board has decided to cancel the plans for dinner at SBYC. However, we are still welcome to hang out at the club and the bar will be open.

If you want to try for a spot at the guest dock, there are two options: the better-protected dock inside the marina adjacent to Pier 40, and one on the other (north) side of Pier 40 where you may have seen tall ships etc. tied up. The harbormaster's office monitors channel 9.

That's all for now.
    Max

Default Meeting is Tonight (Wed. 9/3)

I'm working on the shirts. Rob wins - road-cone orange it is!

Or not . . .

I still have quite a few pirate shirts - I'll bring 'em.